Papa KoAloha's debut cd finally released!!!

Kaneohe til the end

Reaction score
i asked ryan if it was cool to post this.

finally i get to post something relative to 'ukulele and something thats actually kinda big!

Alvin Okami aka Papa KoAloha has finally released his cd aptly titled "Just Uke and Me". This album has been 40 years in the making and was released early this month. Featured on the cd are Ohta San and Gordon Mark, 2 of Pops close friends.

heres a few pics just from my phone: (thats photobucket not wanting to resize it nicely. sigh)
The front cover
IMG00041-20100114-2132.jpg

The inside (featuring a smokin hot pic of a younger Mama KoAloha)
IMG00042-20100114-2132.jpg

The back cover
IMG00044-20100114-2133.jpg

and heres a tracklist:
  1. When Sunny Gets Blue
  2. Here's That Rainy Day
  3. Watch What Happens
  4. The Days of Wine and Roses
  5. My Romance
  6. Softly As I Leave You
  7. There Will Never Be Another You
  8. Hello Young Lovers
  9. Fly Me To the Moon
  10. My Funny Valentine
  11. Smile
  12. Dream

Last edited:
cool is it a instrumental our with vocals? Were can I hear some clips?
pops does the vocals and Ohta san and gordon mark provide na 'ukulele. about sound clips... didnt think of that. will check on it.

Woo hoo for Fly Me to the Moon!

And is Alvin sponsored by Hawaiian Moon?
i dont think so, but i guess theyre prretty good friends, they supplied the shirts on the cover and the shirts back when we did the koaloha story screening

I will get it once it's avaliable on iTunes. :)

Woohoo! I got the first copy after New Years. Mom had to break open the box to get one for me and Pops was gracious enough to personalize it for me. He has a great set up pipes! I'm not sure when the tunes will hit itunes or the general market. They are so busy right now that they only have them at the shop for purchase. You could probably call them and have them mail one out to you.

I'll have to call and get one of these.

Ooh, I want one. I'll have to try to pick one up when I go to Oahu in April. I love his voice in the video clips I have seen in the past.

Pops says that you everybody!
Hmm, regarding sound clips, no such luck yet. I'm going to see if pops is willing to put it on itunes, but I have the strange feeling that hell ask me to do it. Which is cool, but I should probably go learn how.

Top Bottom