View Full Version : New Lanikai Bango Uke NAMM

MGM
01-15-2010, 05:26 AM
heres the new laniakai banjo uke
i guess bango got your attn typo sorry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG_hjLw3IGc

MartinLil
01-15-2010, 05:43 AM
Hmm... It doesn't seem to be too loud. I would expect more of the loud, crisp, piercing sounds that come from a banjo.

UKISOCIETY
01-15-2010, 05:48 AM
He didn't seem to be playing that loud, so I'd reserve judgement on that.

MartinLil
01-15-2010, 05:54 AM
He didn't seem to be playing that loud, so I'd reserve judgement on that.

That's true. He was also using a pick. I'd be interested to hear what one sounds like in person.

RevWill
01-15-2010, 05:58 AM
Jingle Bell Rock? In the middle of January?

Melissa82
01-15-2010, 06:05 AM
He didn't seem to be playing that loud, so I'd reserve judgement on that.I agree. Make note, they are in a large area with a lot of background noise.

I want. :D

Doctroid
01-15-2010, 06:14 AM
Jingle Bell Rock? In the middle of January?
Like Jingle Bells, and Sleigh Ride, and Winter Wonderland, that's not a Christmas song; it's a snow song. I find it interesting that no one wants to sing about snow after December 25.

I would've said "Jingle Bell Rock? In the middle of Anaheim?"

RevWill
01-15-2010, 06:18 AM
Like Jingle Bells, and Sleigh Ride, and Winter Wonderland, that's not a Christmas song; it's a snow song. I find it interesting that no one wants to sing about snow after December 25.

Agreed! Great observation.

Of course as a Christian pastor I get frustrated with how the church forgets about the birth (and life) of Jesus and wants to skip straight to his death after Dec. 25th. But that's a whole 'nother subject altogether.

Affordable banjo ukes are a great idea. I hope it's good enough quality to sell like hotcakes and make Lanikai a mint.

didgeridoo2
01-15-2010, 06:31 AM

After reading this, I thought it had to be posted by someone who deals with snow (seems like everyone this year, except us so cali folk), and then I notice you are in Syracuse. I am an SU alum and know that you'll quite possibly be singing snow songs until May.

UKISOCIETY
01-15-2010, 06:34 AM
Mainland's site still says they're expecting some banjoleles. Might be the same factory...?

And if it were made of mango, it would indeed be a Bangolele!

Doctroid
01-15-2010, 06:49 AM
And if it were made of mango, it would indeed be a Bangolele!
Q. What do you get when you put a firecracker in a banjolele?
A. ...

Doctroid
01-15-2010, 06:51 AM
After reading this, I thought it had to be posted by someone who deals with snow (seems like everyone this year, except us so cali folk), and then I notice you are in Syracuse. I am an SU alum and know that you'll quite possibly be singing snow songs until May.
Worse yet, I used to live 30 miles north of Syracuse. Very literally, we moved at the end of a week where we got 10 feet of snow. Now we're south of the city where the snow is much more manageable.

pdxuke
01-15-2010, 02:39 PM
i agree. Make note, they are in a large area with a lot of background noise.

I want. :d

me want too!