Request for a repository to store UU member posted Tab's

Sic_Rob

Reaction score
This thread is directed to the Staff and development team of UU. Though I would love to hear every ones opinion.

I haven’t been on UU very long so I hope no one gets offended by my suggestion. Through the course of reading as many threads as I can to learn as much about ukuleles as I can, I have notice numerous members that post song tab’s either as an answer to a request of just a friendly offering.

My suggestion is that UU create a repository that will store all of these Tab postings. The members that posts these Tabs obviously put their personal time and effort into this and it’s a shame how these Tabs get lost as the thread they are in gets old. It is a shame that these posts get lost. I know they are still out there but you have to know where to look and how many newbie’s will know where to look?

As new member’s join there will be plenty of repetitive requests and this data base of songs will be a very valuable tool for beginners as well as people of all skill level’s. People who are members of UU and people who aren’t. this is an attractive reason to join on top of all of the already great reasons to join UU.

I’m sure you agree that there are already sites like this out there. Here is an example of one that I have used starting out.

http://www.ukulele-tabs.com/ukulele-chords-chart.html

I think if we have a repository of TAB’s the UU members might be more enthusiastic to submit their compellations. I bet a lot of member have many Tab’s stored that they have created over the years and there might be a great start up surge of files. I would be happy to volunteer my time to help with design or anything that I could do to get this up and running. Regarding the site that I referenced above, I have recommended to numerous UU and Non UU people. With the talent on UU I’m sure the UU repository will become very well know in no time. Which will bring more activity to the site.

Just as UU has Archives of all of Aldrine lessons we could have an ongoing list of TBA’s.

Please let me know your opinions on this and if it something that is possible.

i had not seen it. it is exactly what I am talking about. Thanks you. How do I navigate to it?

Click on "Forum" at the top of the page.
Scroll down to "Ukulele tabs and Chords" and click.
Click on "Clickable list of tabs and chords."

Ta Da!

thanks again. I see how this will be a lot of help.

Rob, there are numerous tab postings, but some are just riffs, intros, outros and so on. The object of this listing was to have song tabbed in it's entirety and not just portions. At this point, only members have access to this section of the forum. There are numerous sites with chords/tabs and the easiest way to access them is a link. I can't see replicating them when it's just as easy to print them yourself and create your own personal archive. Take a look at the 'Ukulele Resources thread and you'll see what I mean.

Yes, the listing does get updated.

I can't see replicating them when it's just as easy to print them yourself and create your own personal archive. Take a look at the 'Ukulele Resources thread and you'll see what I mean.

Thats is exactl what i have been doing and that is fine. It's just a combination of my database brain and the programmer in me. Now that I have Seeso's thread I'm sure it will keep me busy for a while. Thanks you for taking the time to reply to me. it has really been such a pleasure any time I have communicated with any one on UU. Ciao

I’m sure you agree that there are already sites like this out there. Here is an example of one that I have used starting out.

http://www.ukulele-tabs.com/ukulele-chords-chart.html

While we're on the topic of that website, I'm a member there and I rate the pending tabs now and then. Fortunately they have a system where submitted tabs/chords have to be vetted first, and it seems to be required by more than one person. Unfortunately, many of the tabs/chords are for random songs I've never heard (and have no time or interest in hunting down on youtube or grooveshark), and the other downside is it seems that submitters post, don't see instant gratification and post again, so there's duplicated submissions.

There's currently 1933 pending tabs, and I have no idea how many of those are duplicates, how many are just badly copied and pasted from some guitar chords/tabs site (ugh!), and how many are :mraz:. A LOT of them are :mraz:, it's at the point where I might write a song about how sick I am of :mraz:

What I'm getting at is, well, please sign up and rate some tabs, you never know, there might be some gems in there, and the site is generally a good resource alongside UU and Chordie :)

/thread-hijack

it's at the point where I might write a song about how sick I am of :mraz:

It's sort of been done. Check out deach's contest from around halloween time 2008. It's called Up Yours. Plenty entertaining videos, too!

Sorry. It's too easy for me to go off-topic. It's the way I think, I guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom