Satin vs gloss Mainland Concert

Sic_Rob

Reaction score
So for those of you out there who have driven a Mainland Glossy Concert and a Main;and Tenor Concert, can you tell me if there is any difference in the sound?

Did you mean to inquire about glossy concert vs. matte concert? I'm assuming the "tenor" is a typo....

I only have the gloss, so can't compare....but.....
...when I got it, I was a bit concerned because the gloss finish seemed kind of thick. I thought it would deaden the sound and make it quiet. I was pleasantly surprised this is not the case. It is one of the loudest ukes I've played and the tone is quite beautiful. If that is what you are concerned about, I wouldn't worry. Honestly, I wouldn't want/need it to play any louder.

From what I understand, there is no difference in sound quality. Just one finish is shiny and one is not. I believe Mike said they are the same thing and have the same amount, just the shiney-ness separates them. He may chirp in on this though for you.

Did you mean to inquire about glossy concert vs. matte concert? I'm assuming the "tenor" is a typo....

Yes Rob, the concert sounds different from the tenor finish doesn't matter. From what i have read, the sound is a little different but not that different.

Thanks Melissa and of course, Thanks Mike. And yes, it was a typo. I meant Mainland GLoosy vs Matte Concert. Thanks everyone for your comments. He's the reason I asked in case anyone cared. I ordered a Mainland conert Matte and received it. It was wonderful. On the same day I received it a friend surprised me with a matte finish Makala. I already owned a matte finish Lanikai. # matt efinishes seems a little redundant at theis point so I ask Mike if I could exchange it. Of course any one you that know Mike know He said of course. So I was just wondering if the glossy will make a difference. thanks again everyone.

Top Bottom