Soprano help please!?!?!

Mini123

Reaction score
Hi :D

I've been playing the uke for about a year now and have been loving it, I've got a red makala uke at the moment and I love it!!!! My birthday is coming up and i can't think of anything else to get so I'm going to get new uke :D

My budget will be around £140 Gbp P&P, I don't really know much about ukuleles, so could you please give me some advice of what ukes are good for around that budget.

Thanks in advance,
Mini

Ive also been looking for a soprano ukulele for about the same price, and have narrowed it down to the following 4 ukes

Brueko no.6
Ohana Zebrawood
Ohana sk 25
Ohana pk 25 (pineapple)

They all seem to get good reviews and are available in the UK

I have the Ohana pk 25 and I really like it. Purchased from MGM. New strings have settled down, I'm getting used to friction tuners, and it has a lovely mellow sound.

I also love my SK21, but that's a Sopranino and might be too small for you. If I could find an SK25 in the States in stock I'd buy it. Same with the Zebra wood.

Good luck and keep playing!

I know im about a month late into this thread by hey, heres my 2 pence
I have a ohana CK35GS - geared tuners are lovely to have i have to say, the tone is justmagnificent with worth browns. I also just had a SK25 (A soprano) solid mahogoanny through the post today, so far im a bit miffed at the tone, im probably being quite harsh as it is quite a bit smaller, newer (so the wood hasnt really opened up yet) and its strung with aquilas on top of that, i got a packet of Ko'olaus to try out as well, il give the aquilas a shot until i can't bear them any longer then switch. Overall what i meant to say is a concert is great 'first proper uke' in my opinion, you get a feel of whether you like to have a bigger instrument, which tones you prefer etc.

Top Bottom