Help me color my Dolphin!!

phanzo

Reaction score
Hey folks,
I'm finally gettin' me a Makala Dolphin and I need some advice on what color to get. I know I will get at least one response that says "why not get them all?", so let's get that out of the way...I cant get them all :)

So what color(s) do you have and what do you like about it? I've been told the Orange Burst looks really sweet but I dont know if I want an orange uke. So, what should I get?

Hey folks,
I'm finally gettin' me a Makala Dolphin and I need some advice on what color to get. I know I will get at least one response that says "why not get them all?", so let's get that out of the way...I cant get them all :)

So what color(s) do you have and what do you like about it? I've been told the Orange Burst looks really sweet but I dont know if I want an orange uke. So, what should I get?

If you MUST only get ONE, then it must be this:

pink.jpg

Hey folks,

Go with your first inclination... so get the Orange one.

Dustin, it is ultimately your choice but having seen all the colors availabe I'd vote for either the metallic blue or the orange burst. The ob is actually quite surprising. It really looks good. I have many students that modify their dolphins with sharpies or craft kits. I currently own an orange burst, a light blue, and a purple one

Look at a group photo showing the color options, and go with the one that your eyes are most drawn to....... it's calling U!

Yea, I'm not getting it from MGM. I get my ukes from Mike from Uke Republic. He's the man

Cool. He's got a great reputation! I guess what I really meant was get one from someone who can do a good set-up for you. And get what they have in stock so you won't have a long wait... :D

And did I mention that I really like the metallic blue? ;)

I'm gonna be the outlier here and say Candy Apple Red.

Once you get black you never go back. Get a silver or gold ink pen for autographs, shows up great against the black. Take it to concerts or just let fellow UU members you meet sign it.

Cool. He's got a great reputation! I guess what I really meant was get one from someone who can do a good set-up for you. And get what they have in stock so you won't have a long wait... :D

And did I mention that I really like the metallic blue? ;)

Yea I've dealt with Mike in the past and he is awesome. I havent had him set-up a uke yet for me, so we will see how he does with that. As for the wait, I'm waiting to have it shipped with my Rasta tenor which Kala wont be getting from the factory until the 20th. So I probably wont get them until the 2nd week of Feb. anyway. I dunno, we'll see what he has in stock. I dont wanna make it too difficult for him.

Look at a group photo showing the color options, and go with the one that your eyes are most drawn to....... it's calling U!

Yea that's what I tried doing but I can find a pic that has ALL of the options. I like the green and the yellow. Andy said the orange burst looks awesome, but I cant find a pick anywhere. I kinda like the light blue too but I dont know if I want that. I'm thinkin either red, green, yellow, or orange. But I cant buy 4, so I need to do some narrowing.

The red ones are very popular with my students (UGA) fans. I just got my purple one. I traded the metallic blue one for it.
The sunburst red looks very pretty. I think if I was to get one, that'd be my choice. :)

Orange is what I'd have chosen......... but I just got pink....... and lots of them!

Top Bottom