Can you play anything else?

ukulelearp

Reaction score
Just curious how many people here have the ukulele as their only instrument. Any multi-instrumentalists around?

I can play (of course besides ukulele) guitar, 5 string banjo, tenor banjo, piano and a flute. But I'm not a professionalist on none of those instruments.

drums, about as well as I can play uke, which isn't saying much...

I can play (of course besides ukulele) guitar, 5 string banjo, tenor banjo, piano and a flute. But I'm not a professionalist on none of those instruments.

you mean, you can only play on one flute? What happens if you have to borrow somebody else's flute?

I play guitar. Mostly folk, bluegrass and all around fingerpicking. I also play flamenco guitar, and do a little bit of classical. I play piano and spend most of my time of classical pieces. Tchaikovsky is my favorite. Then there is the uke. It is the most fun, rewarding instrument that I play! My musical expression could never be complete without it. It's definitely my number one and what I give most of my time to.

Just curious how many people here have the ukulele as their only instrument. Any multi-instrumentalists around?

i am awful at this, it's like a syndrome where i acquire instruments, learn them for a while and then get a new one. started with piano, got good enough to play the cool stuff like flur elise and the entertainer. then i moved onto the clarinet, which i played for about 4 years. then i got a guitar, which i love, got an acoustic and an electric now. and then i acquired a few little guitars, which the sharp ones among you might know as an ukulele. hehe it is quite useful being able to play four instruments to a decent enough level.

i strap the clarinet to my waist. the piano, i have to play with the feet. and there's a guitar in my left hand, and an ukulele...being strummed by the guitar, in my right.

Percussion, Drumset, Piano, Guitar, a little Alto Sax.

Guitar, bass, drums, violin, mandolin, and didgeridoo. Consider me multi-untalented.

I should probably answer my own question. I play ukulele, guitar, mandolin, bass, harmonica, and drums.

i drum guiatar ukulele didgeridoo sitar banjo bagpipes and soon to start charango

As my name implies, I play didgeridoo. Focus quite a bit on traditional styles, although I've been focused on ukulele since august. My didges have collected a bit of dust in the last 4 months. My wife saw me spend quite a bit on importing artifacts from australia to now focus on collecting ukuleles. :\

Guitar decently, sax not too bad, piano fumblingly, accordion with flair, vihuela with pizazz (sp?), drums quite badly, the flugelhorn miserably, banjo with inappropriate technique, the bass like all guitarists do (hey, it's got 2 less strings!). that's about it... the general point: jack of many, jake of none ;)

Play drums pretty well (been playing for about 20 years), can handle rhythm guitar fine (terrible at solos), I can fake my way on bass and I can get by on piano.

Ukulele, guitar, mandolin, piano, xylophone, kalimba, bongos, harmonica, clarinet, Kiowa flute, recorder, tinwhistle. I consider my skill level on all of these to be nothing more than mediocre, but whatever.

My roommate promised to give me crash courses on violin and cello, so I might have a couple more I can add later on :).

I play guitar well, bass well, djembe and darabuka reasonably well, harmonica reasonably well mandolin reasonably well. These are pretty much the only instruments I'd feel happy "jamming" with. If I have time to learn something, then also lap steel guitar, tin whistle, button accordion, folk flute, and other things I'm certainly forgetting. I love to play things!

Top Bottom