Breedlove Ukulele

Rick

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone is aware that Breedlove guitars builds ukuleles. They usually make one or 2 a year. But! For our store, ClickMusic which is a rising shop for ukuleles, they're making us our own custom line of ukuleles. They're actuall making a commercial line of ukuleles. It is awesome! I don't have any specs yet, just that it's at NAMM. If someone has been there and remembers anything about Breedlove, let me know!

Techincally it hasn't happened because there are no pics, but it'll be here within the next week. I'm stoked :]

I'm stoked too as long as I can afford it... lol

The one we're getting is almost 2,000 :/ I'm gonna have to save up to get it

The one we're getting is almost 2,000 :/ I'm gonna have to save up to get it

I have always liked breedlove guitars and I'd love to have one of their ukes but for that price I'd rather go with a koaloha or kamaka. That's just me but the hawaiian company specializes in ukes where as these guitar companies don't. I woukd not question the quality but the price just bothers me. Now if I was rich, I'd be lining up to get one.

Yea, definitely some exquisite instruments. Here's an example of their custom uke. It's gonna be interesting to see whats gonna be made for a production line. Shoots, someone beat me to it, that's the custom line and as previously stated only a certain number are made per year (5, I think).

Last edited:
Anyone know where to find the 2011 Breedlove Ukes and has anyone from UU test strummed or bought one??

Last edited:
There is a shop in Columbus, Ohio metro area that has an older Breedlove. They used to make ukes a decade ago and the one hanging on the wall was priced at $800, but that has probably been jacked up in recent times. I should check and see.

That one in the picture looks beautiful

There is a shop in Columbus, Ohio metro area that has an older Breedlove. They used to make ukes a decade ago and the one hanging on the wall was priced at $800, but that has probably been jacked up in recent times. I should check and see.

Where's that shop if you don't mind my asking? I just relocated to C-bus and haven't done the music shop search. However, it's probably been flamenco-ized with people man-handling it...LOL

Wow, I'd love to hear what you think of your new Breedlove uke.

To be honest,I wasn;t impressed with the koa or mahogany Collings uke I tried, and not that much with the spruce top Santa Cruz concert either. But I love Larrivee and LoPrinzi ukes, so I know some guitar makers can make a fantastic uke for me!

Wow, I'd love to hear what you think of your new Breedlove uke.

To be honest,I wasn;t impressed with the koa or mahogany Collings uke I tried, and not that much with the spruce top Santa Cruz concert either. But I love Larrivee and LoPrinzi ukes, so I know some guitar makers can make a fantastic uke for me!

I wish I had or could get one...LOL

I LOVE Collings guitars, their fit and finish is perfection...I'm not sold on their ukes though...Sound to boxy to me and I'm not a fan of the tension tuners...I tried to custom one with geared tuners but got the "no"...I heard Larrivee made a nice one, but haven't seen any to test strum...And I hope to add a LoPrinzi soon...

I have always liked breedlove guitars and I'd love to have one of their ukes but for that price I'd rather go with a koaloha or kamaka. That's just me but the hawaiian company specializes in ukes where as these guitar companies don't. I woukd not question the quality but the price just bothers me. Now if I was rich, I'd be lining up to get one.

I'm kind of with John here. I own a Breedlove guitar, and I adore it. But if I was going to drop 2k on a ukulele I would get one of the Hawaiian brands.

I have a Collings UT-3 which I like very (very, very) much. I like the looks of the tuners on the Santa Cruz Ukes, but the Collings look traditional and work fine. The Collings has a bit of a ring to it (projects the highs) and is easy to play (I like the narrow neck). Of course, I'm waiting for a Moore Bettah to join my family, but that may be a while.

Collings uses "Peghed" brand geared tuners--4:1 ratio.

So do I for that matter. They're some of the best ukulele tuners you can buy.

Thank you Chuck...I did not know that and the girl who I spoke to at Collings didn't inform me that they are geared pedhead tuners...I'm still saving up for one of yours if I'm going to invest that much $$...

Top Bottom