Bill Cosby gets a Kamaka ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
Wish I would get a Jukulele. At least I got to play with one at the factory.

Very cool. Any idea of list price when these debut?

The KoAloha Jukulele is about $4000, and a Kamaka Tenor around $1000.

I have an opinion on Cosby's gift etiquette, but it has been requested that we not post on it, so I'll leave it at that.

FYI, Bill Cosby is simply excellent not only as a comedian, actor but also as an American with a consistent solid view of educational reform.

Most of the people here, including myself, should be lucky enough to have a stick of chewing gum associated with our names.

What I've learned in life is that the truly great people know how to make others feel great. I've met neurosurgeons who were more humble than nursing assistants.

Many people are unknown mediocrities by comparison who think that when someone else loses their job they themselves suddenly have more money.

Aside from pride, here's another deadly sin: envy.

I wish he had come back with 10 high-quality really expensive ukukeles.

And BTW, so much for "making the uke more widely known." Are there provisos attached to that?

Last edited:
FYI, Bill Cosby is simply excellent not only as a comedian, actor but also as an American with a consistent solid view of educational reform.

Most of the people here, including myself, should be lucky enough to have a stick of chewing gum associated with our names.

What I've learned in life is that the truly great people know how to make others feel great. I've met neurosurgeons who were more humble than nursing assistants.

Many people are unknown mediocrities by comparison who think that when someone else loses their job they themselves suddenly have more money.

And BTW, so much for "making the uke more widely known." Are there provisos attached to that?

This really confused me. You believe a nonplayer should get tons of exceptional ukes given to him just because of his name and fame? You decided to include (the christian) religion in this as well. Veeery interesting.

This really confused me. You believe a nonplayer should get tons of exceptional ukes given to him just because of his name and fame? You decided to include (the christian) religion in this as well. Veeery interesting.

What makes you think that Cosby is a non-player?

How's he going to become a player if he doesn't have a uke?

And as far as the makers giving him a uke, that's a cheap way to sell 1,000,000 more ukes...

Cosby obviously has the money to buy them, if they were gifts then it's as a courtesy. Are you jealous of his money, too?

Let me know when you find a cardiothorasic surgeon that is humble! :)

Let's put it this way: maybe you want someone with cajones to put their hands in your chest and save your life.

Humilty is usually reserved (as a requirement) for the other guy...

as in this thread, Bill Cosby.

Not being humble ourselves (easily offended, need to get our way too frequently, looking at other people's faults) would we really even recognize "humility?" Probably not.

Last edited:

True confusion is actually pretty rare. What most people experience is not confusion but "I don't know." This can be generated through lack of knowlege or as in this case a sense of overinterpretation or maybe even an acceptable (in their minds) prejudice. Fine. There's really no "confusion" at all. Everyone need a certain "glue" to keep things together, just like ukes. I think what's best to realize and be happy about is that "confusion" whether induced by chemicals, anoxia, brain injury or disease is not the case here.

Last edited:
True confusion is actually pretty rare. What most people experience is not confusion but "I don't know." This can be generated through lack of knowlege or as in this case a sense of overinterpretation or maybe even an acceptable prejudice. Fine. Everyone need a certain "glue" to keep things together, just like ukes. I think what's best to realize and be happy about is that "confusion" whether induced by chemicals, anoxia, brain injury or disease is not the case here.

Thanks for telling the anthropologist about people. Maybe that can go into my Ph.D. dissertation. By confusion, I will use the offical definition of your written thoughts as a blur, or, in other words, indistinct, not clear, etc.

I do not mind what people do with their money or wealth. If a company wants to give ukes away, I support it. I support it even more when they're going to those in need. I give often and would never stop. I think being accused of envy and thrusting one's religion upon one is, however, very disrespectful.

What made me think he is a nonplayer was Papa KoAloha teaching him how to play.

Doctor Bill Cosby is very involved with music. Maybe an 'ukulele hasn't been part of his life thus far, but that could change.
If not, one never knows, maybe one of the music schools in Philadelphia that he's involved with will be the recipient.

I think getting invloved with music is awesome! I hope he can do those ukes some justice, especially since he is involved in music. Ukes that good are hard to put down.

Thanks for telling the anthropologist about people. Maybe that can go into my Ph.D. dissertation. By confusion, I will use the offical definition of your written thoughts as a blur, or, in other words, indistinct, not clear, etc.

I do not mind what people do with their money or wealth. If a company wants to give ukes away, I support it. I support it even more when they're going to those in need. I give often and would never stop. I think being accused of envy and thrusting one's religion upon one is, however, very disrespectful.

What made me think he is a nonplayer was Papa KoAloha teaching him how to play.

Your welcome. I like anthropology. I think the "Western mind" in particular overestimates concepts of "understanding" and "knowing." When you continue teaching (or even in the midst of research) and one of your students says, "I'm confused," just tell them, "You're not confused, it's just that you don't know." I've used that with students in the past and they actually enjoyed those moments, laughed.

As far as "thrusting one's religion" the last time I looked the seven deadly sins are pretty much a part of parlance...but hey, I should not assume that and yes, historically you are correct and no disrespect is intended. I could see how you could "assume" something about my my religion. But I'm not a medieval scholar. I'm not a Roman Catholic and stating that is not meant as a disparagement. But what if I had just seen that Brad Pitt psychothriller: "Seven?"

I think it's good to learn from one another. So thank you.

You might be suprised but I feel the same way and I'm not being sarcastic here but honest. I had lunch with someone yesterday who hammered me with their political and religious beliefs. It was a turn off.

I would rather have people thrust free ukueleles upon me...something we both can agree on. Let's both enjoy the rest of the weekend. Go Jets!

Last edited:

There are some details of some events that you might be unaware of which are leading some of the members to make some of the comments you are reading. We have all been asked to not talk about them anymore by the parties that be. That being said, lets just end it with there are always 2 sides of a coin.

I heard that mr. cosby might be running for president. Any truth to that? i love Bill. I think he is one of the best people alive. I love his stance on America and he would be a great ambasador for the ukulele.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom