Waverly Street Ukuleles

Ser-T-Fide

Reaction score
I've been looking around but can't find much on reviews besides for UKISOCIETY's review of his soprano.

They look like nice, solid ukes at affordable prices. Can anyone speak from experience with these ukes?

Much love

I LOVE his use of firwood. They are definetely on my list!

He's a member, daveg

Waverly Street ukuleles are built in Columbus, Ohio, by Dave Djessing. He uses all local indigenous woods such as maple, oak, walnut, fir, etc. I have two of Dave's ukuleles and they are each wonderfully nice instruments. #93 is a spalted maple body soprano and #103 is a walnut body super concert. They are very well crafted, play effortlessly, and sound wonderful. For the money, you could do no better than to buy a Waverly Street ukulele from Dave. And to top it off, he's a good guy too...!!!

I've got #33

It's kind of early on in the process and while there's a few minor aesthetic things here and there (ie. the heel isn't exactly symmetrical, fretboard is not quite flush with the neck.) but it's extremely well built and is a fantastic player with great intonation. I'm also sure Dave's refined his process a lot over the course of the next hundred or so he's built, but speaking based entirely on the one I've got it has a nice functional folk art quality about it (I'd still love to get one of the ones with his mother's painting.) The body is thinner than some. The fretboard is pretty thick which gives it a really playable neck. Really good sustain and nice woody bark. And over time it's really started to open up into something really sweet.
I don't have a case for it, so it tends to be in reach a lot by my desk here. (I spent several hours with it yesterday working out some Homer & Jethro things) and I'm really quite fond of it.

In terms of getting a sweet playable handmade ukulele at a good price, these are a steal. Great player's instruments.

Yep, Dave Gjessing is a good guy and an excellent craftsman. He is part of the COUP (Columbus Ohio Ukulele Peeps) and often brings new ukes to meetings.

Let me just say, that being so close (Cincinnati), I am jealous that you folks in Columbus have these sort of ukulele things...groups of players, luthiers, etc...

I have two of Dave's ukes, #85 prim style and a banjolele. If you like lots of little cosmetic bells and whistles a WaverlyStreet may not be for you. If, on the other hand, you like a good looking, very nice sounding, locally made uke then certainly give Dave's stuff a look. The prim style I have has been one of my favorites since I bought it.

LOVE my #51 pineapple!
51-01.jpg

Top Bottom