Uke podcast

Ame

Reaction score
So, I'm doing a podcast (4 mins MAX) for my Pop culture final project.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm trying to say in it, but the bulk of it should be about a "cultural theory" of mine, which mine's is Uke related.

I did a 4 mins "cultural theory" speech for my mid term last week, and I didn't get to say everything haha but yea.. I based it off of "What's the future of the Uke?"

So, far I have a little history about the Uke like origins, sizes, etc.. and I know I will mention UU in there and possibly snippets of other people's songs (covers and originals, assuming someone would be kind enough to let me use them.). :)

I guess I'm posting this here to see if anyone had ideas on what and how to do this podcast (which is due on the last day, next wednesday. haha)

Would anyone like to pitch any ideas?

I'm still unsure if I want to do a video podcast or all audio though..

Thanks for any help guys!~

Last edited:
Ame,
Are you familiar with the Ukecast Pod Cast? Zathras, who I believe is a registered member here but doesn't post often has been doing the Ukecast for the past couple of years or so. Maybe he will see this and can offer up some suggestions.

You could also contact him (Chris) via email by visiting the Ukecast site at the link abover or his Ukeland site.
Good luck with your project.

Ame,
Are you familiar with the Ukecast Pod Cast? Zathras, who I believe is a registered member here but doesn't post often has been doing the Ukecast for the past couple of years or so. Maybe he will see this and can offer up some suggestions.

You could also contact him (Chris) via email by visiting the Ukecast site at the link abover or his Ukeland site.
Good luck with your project.

Thanks, Dom! I'll check that out right now. :)

If you look in my sig you'll see several links. I've got music spread all over the place. If you want originals, ezFolk is the place to go, I have covers at UkeLand (Zathras' runs that site). Any of them that you can download you have my permission to use in your podcast.

If you can mention www.howlinhobbit.com I'd appreciate it but it's not required that you do that to get permission to use them.

Last edited:
You can go in a number of different ways:
  • The mere presence of an ukulele brightens people's moods.

• The ukulele fosters an atmosphere of togetherness, support, and philanthropy.

• The ukulele seems to have found a way to reproduce asexually.

• What's up with the relatively high ratio of ukulele-playing Asians?

• Ukuleles and Asians are:

• Both small
    • Both made fun of
    • Both considered exotic
    • Both considered harmless
    • Both beginning to gain respect in the mainstream

• Ukulele players and the internet - how do they influence each other?

• How is the 3rd (internet-driven) wave of ukulele players different from the 1st (radio) and 2nd (TV) waves of ukulele players?

Wow, thanks guys! :)

I'll definitely use one of your songs in there. I'm thinking "Jitterbug Blues." ;)

and thanks for all of those ideas seeso! I love that theory about Ukes and Asians haha I just might have to use that. Dang now I wish it wasn't limited to 4mins. xP

You're also welcome to use any of my stuff. I have links to mp3's in every video. Just check, "More Info."

What kind of class is this for?

If you wanted to do an IM chat or anything, I'd be more'n willing. I'm not the greatest ukulelist, but I "do" cultural theory-- I'm getting a PhD in History, and my main area is cultural history/pop culture related...

I'd be glad to act as a sounding board or whatnot...

What kind of class is this for?

If you wanted to do an IM chat or anything, I'd be more'n willing. I'm not the greatest ukulelist, but I "do" cultural theory-- I'm getting a PhD in History, and my main area is cultural history/pop culture related...

I'd be glad to act as a sounding board or whatnot...

hmm that would be great, I'll try to come up with questions soon. When would you be available?

Oh and it's for my Pop Culture class. :)

I'll probably be on my computer most of the weekend-- end of the semester and all... (although I'm on east coast hours...)

I'll send you a pm with my aim SN

nice job on the podcast Ame! it was informative and had a nice mix of background music. i hope you get a check plus plus and a gold star from your teacher!

one thing though, it took me 3 attempts to download your podcast from rapidshare. their stupid cat icons are hard to read!! haha.

Great job! ... but I'm not small or harmless. One of my brothers is 6'4. I still ask my mom what the mailman looked like.

hahaha that's funny Deach. xP Yea, I probably shouldn't make that generalization for all asians.. ><;; I have some really large cousins that break the stereotype. haha

Great job, Ame! I have some songs in there, woo hoo!! :nana:

It came out great!

I like the "I'm unique" soundbite that came up a couple times... it was a good leitmotif... and spoke to the reason I think some people are so attracted to the instrument. (Myself included...)

If you haven't yet, check out the documentary "Rock That Uke."

It's awesome, a great meditation on why the ukulele seems to attract a lot of people who feel like outsiders, or are trying to highlight their own individuality.

Great job, Ame!

(Hope you get a good grade from it too.)

Oh yeah, and being an old white guy myself, I was still surprised at how many older folks were (and are) showing up at the various uke clubs in the area.

Of course, the ukulele doesn't care what age or color your fingers are. That's one of the best things about it, and music in general.

(Almost forgot. Thanks for the shoutout!)

Top Bottom