PDA

View Full Version : KoAloha commitment to exercise and health at the factory

wickedwahine11
01-17-2010, 12:54 PM
This is kind of an old article (March - 09) but it is interesting, and rather timely considering many of us (myself included) are on the annual weight loss kick in January.

I think it is great the KoAloha is investing in the physical wellbeing of their employees. The only job I ever had that had a gym onsite was a law firm where I practiced law. And none of us used it, I always thought it was bad enough to be beholden to the partners 24/7 I certainly didn't want them in the same gym as me. But if I worked somewhere with the ohana spirit of KoAloha, I'm sure it woudl be different.

http://bestronglivelong.honadvblogs.com/2009/03/25/healthy-biz-koaloha-ukulele/

phanzo
01-17-2010, 12:57 PM
cool article, thanks for posting!

haolejohn
01-17-2010, 12:59 PM
This is kind of an old article (March - 09) but it is interesting, and rather timely considering many of us (myself included) are on the annual weight loss kick in January.

I think it is great the KoAloha is investing in the physical wellbeing of their employees. The only job I ever had that had a gym onsite was a law firm where I practiced law. And none of us used it, I always thought it was bad enough to be beholden to the partners 24/7 I certainly didn't want them in the same gym as me. But if I worked somewhere with the ohana spirit of KoAloha, I'm sure it woudl be different.

http://bestronglivelong.honadvblogs.com/2009/03/25/healthy-biz-koaloha-ukulele/

WW, you need to come join us at the UUBL 2KX. It is over in the general section.

MartinLil
01-17-2010, 01:19 PM
This is a great article. Thanks for sharing! :)

wickedwahine11
01-17-2010, 01:24 PM
WW, you need to come join us at the UUBL 2KX. It is over in the general section.

Hmm, I would but I'm chicken. I can barely stand to look at the scale once a week. Let alone take a photograph of it. But I'm with you guys in spirit...so far I'm down 3 pounds since 1/1 (21.6 since I started a little while back). It is slow going, but at least going in the right direction. Thanks for the invite though John. :)