D minor :(

JackT

Reaction score
Been really trying to get this down, so i can play better together (thanks davoomac for the tutorial) any alternatives from A and E on the first fret then C on the second and then G on the third? Would appreciate the help, thanks as always. :D

...A and E on the first fret then C on the second and then G on the third?
The chord you're describing is Bb...:confused:

Bb 3211
Dm 2210

If you are talking about Bb, that's one of those chords that are always difficult when you first start playing...the next fingering would be 7565, but that'll be more difficult to jump to from first position chords (not to mention it'll probably sound a little out of place)

One thing that might help (if you're having trouble bending your pointer finger to bar the A and E--which is usually where the problem is) is to try barring the entire first fret with your pointer (along with the C-2 G-3)...that might make it a little more comfortable to hold

The only other advice I can give is to keep at it and try not to get discouraged...eventually, it'll just work

Oh yeah i got confused, oops! Thanks a ton though.

...talking about Bb, that's one of those chords that are always difficult when you first start playing...the next fingering would be 7565

Actually, next fingering is 3215, tricksy but doable. Then 3565 (hard to grab). Then comes 7565... not so hard to grab but you're correct, it might not sound "right" if you're playing all the rest in first position.

One thing that might help (if you're having trouble bending your pointer finger to bar the A and E--which is usually where the problem is) is to try barring the entire first fret with your pointer (along with the C-2 G-3)...that might make it a little more comfortable to hold

Yeppers, Bb is not only a good barre chord it's one of those nice movable shapes (like most barres). 7565 is also a nice movable shape (and best done via a barre). Learn to do the shape and you've got a bunch of chords, depending on where on the board you're grabbing.

Ha ha!! We're quoting Spinal Tap!! I don't think that Dm is sadder than any other minor key.

Ah. My brain hasn't worked so well since that clamshell thingy snapped closed on my head.

(Good thing it missed my uke though.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom