survivorman ukulele

aspieman456

Reaction score
I saw this video on the Discovery Channel years ago. This is from a weekly TV show called "survivorman" where this guy, Les Stroud, teaches you how to live off the land. In the last few minutes, Les pulls out and strums this 8-string ukulele while at a campfire at night.

It also begs the question, If you were stranded on an island, what ukulele and other items would you carry with you?

Last edited:
its pretty obvious he did not "just woop this up this afternoon" its get a logo on it and the coconuts he speaks of are nowhere to be founds haha

I don't know what type of ukulele it is, but it looks like it has pineapple look to it, evven thought it's not a pineapple uke. It sounds nice, too.

hahahaha, hilarios. Since i only got one uke i guees that one is a no brainer.

I didn't get the joke at first, until he started playing it. Where did my brain go? Somewhere in the Cook Islands, I guess.

If you ask me, Les and Survivorman is more real than Man vs. Wild with Bear Grills. I watch M vs W at times, but Bear gets a little annoying.

Haha that's neat! I remember watching this episode and seeing him cut up his harp, but I don't remember the uke part.

And yea I believe Les' show is more real than Man v Wild, considering how Les carries his own camera equipment around and does all the shots. Often Bear gets help from his camera crew to help him out on his missions. I bet producers tell both to do certain things while stranded, it's just that one has more help than the other.

That's a lot of work for Les to do. I think I saw one episode where Les had a small production crew a few miles from where he was filming out in a desert.

Last edited:
hahaha funny guy! As for the uke...no way was it whipped up in a day - it takes at least 2 days to complete the 8 stringed ukuleles...and not 2 eight hour days, more like 2 14 hour days.

Top Bottom