Capo?

rubenken

Reaction score
Anyone ever capoed a uke? If so, what size, and how far up the neck, with what results?

I just use my guitar capo, usually on the second or third fret, just to experiment with different tunings.

I've used a mandolin capo a few times on my soprano, just on the first few frets to adjust a song to my singing voice range. It works really well, but it does tend to dampen the sustain a ltitle bit.

Kyser Mandolin capo anywhere from $11.95 - $15.95 at your local music store or online vendors.

lg_KBMB-2T.jpg

I have a shubb mandolin capo it works very well although I find myself just tuning up or down now. In my opinion you would be better off just doing that instead

I use a capo all the time. How far up? When I'm messing around sometimes as high up as the 9th or 10th fret. Normally, never farther than the 6th.

Results? If I go up high enough, there are minor intonation problems, but it's not enough to bother me. Other than that, that's pretty much it. Until I decide to put aside my laziness and learn how to transpose, I'll be using a capo. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom