PDA

View Full Version : UUBL Winter 2KX Week 2 Results!

UkuleleHill
01-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Two weeks under our belts! I still need numbers for Damon(tomorrow), Gaby and Colin!

Player: Percent Lost:
Will - Revwill 1.48%
bbycrts - Jon 0.14%
cashew 1.90%
Mim 0.51%
John Eller 0.07%
JT Ukes 1.03%
Colin 0.00%
Dustin phanzo 0.09%
Pueo - Damon 0.00%
Nat natsumi 1.87%
Will - Willyboy 2.00%
Kenda phanzo's girl 0.00%
Steve -Hobgoblin Steve 0.22%
Gaby 0.00%

Next week is sometimes the hardest! Looks like Willyboy is the top dog this week, but the girls are giving him a run for his money!

cashew
01-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Wow! Great Job everyone! Woo!

haolejohn
01-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Wow! Great Job everyone! Woo!

whatever. I had a bad week. started good but then i had to deal with my dad's heart issues. yeah I splunged on food. i still lost a pound so I'm ok with that.

phanzo
01-18-2010, 11:02 AM
yea i had a rough/fun week. Lost less than a pound. It's ok. I worked out this morning and I should be back in business!! You guys are goin down!! :D

haolejohn
01-18-2010, 11:21 AM
yea i had a rough/fun week. Lost less than a pound. It's ok. I worked out this morning and I should be back in business!! You guys are goin down!! :D

Dustin you have to lose 20 pounds right? i have to lose 100:) That's right. WHO is going down?

Mim
01-18-2010, 11:56 AM
I only lost a pound this week. I am hoping it is because I am gaining muscle. I have been a great weight lifter this week, as well as the cardio. Hopefully I will break through this week (though I had a birthday party I went to yesterday and another on Saturday!). I am out of town this weekend, but I will try to remember to pack my scale!

Good job everyone!!! Let's keep being losers!!!

Oh, is there any way to get cumulative percentages? Like a weekly percent and then a total? Just curious.

RevWill
01-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Looks like I'm the dark horse candidate.

haolejohn
01-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Looks like I'm the dark horse candidate.

whatever:) I contacted your parrish and told them that they had to have a pot luck dinner every week for the next 10 weeks or I was going to take their ukes away. They obliged my request.

wickedwahine11
01-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Congratulations you guys, I'm not officially participating in UUBL but I'm trying to lose weight right now as well. My 1 pound loss this week doesn't make me feel so bad now -- I see these people on the Biggest Loser dropping 5-10 pounds per week (I'm just speaking of the ladies) and my one measly pound made me feel inadequate. I'm glad to see I'm not that far off from those of you in UUBL.

Keep it up guys and gals! :)

haolejohn
01-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Congratulations you guys, I'm not officially participating in UUBL but I'm trying to lose weight right now as well. My 1 pound loss this week doesn't make me feel so bad now -- I see these people on the Biggest Loser dropping 5-10 pounds per week (I'm just speaking of the ladies) and my one measly pound made me feel inadequate. I'm glad to see I'm not that far off from those of you in UUBL.

Don't compare your stats with those on the real BL. They are constantly being pushed. They are having meals provided for them.

UkuleleHill
01-18-2010, 12:44 PM
Don't compare your stats with those on the real BL. They are constantly being pushed. They are having meals provided for them.

:agree:

They are AWAY from everything, all they are doing is concentration on losing weight.

Valerie
01-18-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm dropping out :(

Family situation came up and diet and exercise are going to have to go on the back burner for the next 6 months or so. But!!!! I'm going to cheer you guys on and hopefully you'll do another round of UUBL in the summer!

~Valerie

phanzo
01-18-2010, 02:43 PM

Family situation came up and diet and exercise are going to have to go on the back burner for the next 6 months or so. But!!!! I'm going to cheer you guys on and hopefully you'll do another round of UUBL in the summer!

~Valerie

Oh man, thats bad news. I hope everything gets worked out on the home front!!!

Mim
01-18-2010, 02:46 PM

~Valerie

Good luck honey! From your previous posts, it does seem like you have had a heck of a lot going on!! Things will get better and you will be back!!!

cashew
01-19-2010, 02:03 AM

They say its easier to lose weight the bigger you are... and... losing weight with a 1-2 lb weight loss makes it so that you have less of a chance for rebound weight gain :)

Pueo
01-19-2010, 05:29 AM
Hi everyone, I just weighed in for week #2 results. I was excited to see how I did this week since I had lost about 3lbs after week #1 and I had gone to the gym two days and swam two days. This week I went to the Gym 5 days and walked two days so I thought for sure I was going to do well. I got on the scale and.....
EXACTLY WHERE I STARTED!
I'm going to keep at it though, but man that is frustrating!

Mim
01-19-2010, 09:01 AM
Hi everyone, I just weighed in for week #2 results. I was excited to see how I did this week since I had lost about 3lbs after week #1 and I had gone to the gym two days and swam two days. This week I went to the Gym 5 days and walked two days so I thought for sure I was going to do well. I got on the scale and.....
EXACTLY WHERE I STARTED!
I'm going to keep at it though, but man that is frustrating!

I know what you mean! I feel like I worked my butt off this week! I lifted weights 3 days and did cardio on 5 days and ate really good. And I only lost a pound. Which is good, I know. But still, I was thinking I would see more. But I may have not been eating enough to sustain all the output through exercise. I also am hoping I am gaining some muscle too. So, I am trying to be better about remembering to eat enough and still exercise and I hope that helps! I really want to see results. So keep at it! I know the frustration, but I am feeling really good and healthy, so I know that has to be good for me!

JT_Ukes
01-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Good job guys.. keep pushin!

Mim
01-20-2010, 12:05 PM
I bought this shirt for myself and got it in the mail today and wore it to the gym! You can pick either a boy or girl cut and I think this particular design was intended for men's shirts, but I put it on a pale pink babydoll tee. I have been reading the "Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Godess" book and am usually the only female in the weight lifting area and I am still a little round around the edges, so I enjoy the irony of my pale pink unleash the beast shirt!
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r17/AudraFelix/Unleash-The-Beast-11344-0127.jpg

The good news is, I feel myself getting stronger and have already moved up the amount of weight I can dead lift, row, etc. I worked out today and my whole body hurts... but it means I am building muscle, so it is a good thing!!! I feel like I am starting to see results too. Before UUBL I needed new pants in a bigger size REALLY BAD, but I refused saying I would lose the weight instead. Now those pants have room in the waist. HOORAY! This has been just what I needed to get motivated!

mrUKETOBER
01-20-2010, 12:16 PM
hey is uubl gonna be open to new comers this late in the game this time ? ive had alot of crap and stress happening the last 2 weeks... so i wasnt able to participate.. if not its fine i will just spectate and join on my own

cashew
01-24-2010, 09:58 AM
oh goodness, when did it get to be sunday already?

phanzo
01-24-2010, 10:08 AM
oh goodness, when did it get to be sunday already?

I know right!! I didnt do much again this week. Lost another half pound. BOOOO

cashew
01-24-2010, 10:11 AM
I wanna say I'm down another 3... I've officially hit the 20 lb point from last september.

another 100 to go :)

cashew
01-24-2010, 10:14 AM
and, the numbers are sent

phanzo
01-24-2010, 11:07 AM
yea I'm down 10. Got another 20 to go until I'm happy...

Mim
01-24-2010, 01:31 PM
Down 2 this week... woo hoo! I am in the mountains at my parents house right now, so I hope that does not make me gain weight this week. If I continue on this course I will hit my 10 lb mark as well. Everything in the mountains is fried and unhealthy, but I am trying to resist. And my mom always has cookies, chips, soda, and cake sitting out on the counter. It is hard!!! It is also rainy and I do not know how I am going to get any exercising in. But I go home tomorrow.

But I have totally been better than normal. We went to convienience store today and instead of getting my usual ice cream snickers bar, I just got a caffine free diet soda. For lunch there were all sorts of chips and stuff around and I ate very little of the bad stuff. Then for dinner I resisted the Macaroni and Cheese. Seriously, I ALWAYS gain weight when I go to the mountains. I am hoping this time it will be different :)

Do you guys have any place that is particularly hard for you not to give into temptation at?

haolejohn
01-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Down 2 this week... woo hoo! I am in the mountains at my parents house right now, so I hope that does not make me gain weight this week. If I continue on this course I will hit my 10 lb mark as well. Everything in the mountains is fried and unhealthy, but I am trying to resist. And my mom always has cookies, chips, soda, and cake sitting out on the counter. It is hard!!! It is also rainy and I do not know how I am going to get any exercising in. But I go home tomorrow.

But I have totally been better than normal. We went to convienience store today and instead of getting my usual ice cream snickers bar, I just got a caffine free diet soda. For lunch there were all sorts of chips and stuff around and I ate very little of the bad stuff. Then for dinner I resisted the Macaroni and Cheese. Seriously, I ALWAYS gain weight when I go to the mountains. I am hoping this time it will be different :)

Do you guys have any place that is particularly hard for you not to give into temptation at?

where does your mom live at? Western Carolina?

Mim
01-24-2010, 04:37 PM
where does your mom live at? Western Carolina?

They are in Meadows of Dan, Virginia. It is North of Mount Airy, NC up the mountin over the Virginia border. My dad grew up here. I grew up in Williamsburg, Virginia, but they retired to the mountins at his homeplace... it is heaven!

wickedwahine11
01-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Down 2 this week... woo hoo!

Congratulations, I only lost 1.2 pounds this week. But better down than up...

cashew
01-25-2010, 02:16 AM

Yeah... I have a few.. heck, the world is chock-full of temptations..

If I'm at someone's house, I tend to say 'ok, I'll have some cake! OOH, especially if its freshly baked. (yum yum yum nom nom nom)"

If we have cookies at work.. We have a few really really good bakeries around here that specialize in cookies. When you smell them for hours, and they look so delicious...
Or...
And this one is the worst....
After work, before this whole UUBL thing, my bad day treat would be:
A Coffee Coolata and a French Cruller OR a hot coffee, sweet with half and half and a boston cream donut.

Now, I don't go anywhere near the donut shop... I have no ability to resist.
As for family get-togethers at the cabin...
Yeah, turns out you really can't make good jello shots with diet jello, and with all the alcohol, its just not worth saving those few calories... (yeah, we start the weekend/week by prepping the necessary jello shots. The rule is skeet shooting and target shooting by morning, partying at night, pingpong outside while its still light enough to see :) and Thou shall not see alcohol and a firearm out at the same time. We're very safety conscious.)
We also toast everything imaginable over the big campfire... best bet ever-- Fire roasted twinkie... the outside gets all carmely, and the inside gets all runny... best use for a twinky ever.

So, those are my weaknesses :)

willyboy
01-25-2010, 09:55 AM
I had a good (fun) week, but not great for weight loss. I went to FL to visit my mom. All three nights we went out for music (mostly blues and rock). We stayed late, usually12:30 or so (she does well for eighty) which makes dieting tough - had to keep the waitress busy and all. Did a lot of walking, and weight stayed about the same. I will have to work harder this week. Good luck to all. Willyboy