Which Tenor Acoustic/Electric

Royalty

Reaction score
I had a tenor lanikai acoustic/electric for about 2 years, but the head cracked on it and im looking to get a new one. I'm looking to get one around $100. That was around the price of the lanikai. Are there any other acoustic/electric tenors around that price?

Exactly my dilemma! I bought a black lanikai tenor and it cracked so I returned it. See my thread a couple threads down. As for options, lanikai has the 21te and they go for about 120 on amazon and eBay. The lanikai s teq is 150 on amazon and has a solid top, as does the $200 cordoba 20tmce.
I still haven't chosen one! Haha

Well I think kala and lanikai are only slightly cosmetically different, or maybe the electronics are different, but I've heard they're made in the same factory. As far as my experience, I loved my lanikai for the 5 minutes before I found the crack. As for Kala I like the mahogany concert electric, but it's pricey.

What I have experienced with my Lanikai is that the pickup was not that great. It also became loose inside the uke. I might try the Kala, or whats the word with the Cordoba ukes?

My Córdoba 20TM-CE is playing in nicely. The wood is mellowing and I get a nice sound. Sweet axe - and you can get it at GC with gig bag for 179 sometimes.

20CM-TE8-23-09003.jpg

Wow, thats really nice harp.. What kind of wood is that?

Thanks, it's a sweet axe.
They say it's mahogany, but the use of that wood name is a little loose these days.
I believe it may be sapele, an African wood that is not as expensive (or endangered). It has similar sound.
The stripes or ribbons are a common feature with sapele.

I have the same Cordoba uke, and I love it for the price that I paid. I got it from Guitar Center too when it was on-sale for 179 with gig bag.

It has a nice loud sound, and it really does sound great when it is plugged in and when it isn't.

For this price range, it's a pretty darn good ukulele! especially considering how much I was ripped off by my oscar schmidt concert uke sleighlfbglwrgslkdfjnb;ergh

oh, and harpdog. Kind of interesting. I have the same exact uke, but it looks a little different. Mines not really striped like yours. They're are stripes but they're a lot thinner and not nearly as defined. I know nothing about different ukulele woods so I don't know if that makes sense.

So, it basically comes down to those 3 ukes, gotta make a decision

There are a lot of variations in any type of wood - I'm just guessing that what they call mahogany may be sapele - but, so what? If it sounds good...and it does. Mine is mellowing in nicely.

Top Bottom