seriously makala dolphin is extremely good value for money

kalmario

Reaction score
$47 nz dollars for a tidy soprano ukulele, with reasonably spot on intonation
+ $24 nz dollars for upgraded strings

= cheap as chips ukulele, that is still playable, can still hold a tune, can be given to kids with out worring about the damage done to someones pride and joy, gives someone not sure about ukulele playing a nice entry point thats not a huge outlay, that is playble enough, too get the idea, gives those with more expensive tastes a solid beater uke that can get thrown in the car or taken to the beach etc with out worrying.

whats not to love

Cliff

p.s. I must admit to being an active member of the makala dolphin club

they are the best beater uke around.

I'm now getting scared.

It's partly my fault, I admit, but this Dolphinmania is beginning to present a serious danger to civilisation. Count the Dolphin threads from the last week.

They are trying to take over the world.

Disclaimer: also a member of etc etc etc.

They're great.I'm really glad to have a Makala Dolphin. But I think the Mahalo LP is even better. No need to invest in different strings, so your entry level cost is near identical. Better gig bag with it. The Les Paul has superior sound. And, oh, it's incredibly good looking.

[...] The Les Paul has superior sound. And, oh, it's incredibly good looking.

On those two points your experience differs from mine, I'm afraid. LOLz :D

Edit to add: and it's £10 - £15 more expensive than the Dolphin! Like 50% higher price.

Last edited:
I really rate my dolphin and long live the dolpinmania

Now I want a Dolphin. HELP! I'm having a UAS episode. Are Dolpins one of the models that come in different colors?

Top Bottom