New S&J Crafts Milo and Lychee Concert Ukulele

Pueo

Reaction score
Aloha! I am finally posting pictures of the ukulele I brought home from Hawaii this past Christmas. My wife found these ukuleles on this Website:

http://www.globalcreationscart.com/hawaiian-ukulele.html

She wanted to get me an ukulele for my birthday and wanted to get me one of those, but we did not know of the quality. Since we live in California, I asked on UU if anyone could go check them out for me. Ahnko Honu ended up befriending Mr. Bader and gave his ukuleles a glowing endorsement. I ended up meeting Mr. Bader (and Ahnko Honu too who happened to be there) the day after Christmas at Mr. Bader's home where he handed me my new Ukulele. It is really beautiful, bookmatched Milo wood top and back and Lychee sides. It is a real treat to meet the man who made your ukulele. I was embarrassed that I was kind of nervous when he asked me to play something for him, and I hope to do much better next time. I hope I can get at least a sound bite up on UU for you all as the sound of this ukulele is unreal. It has the volume of a tenor. This is my first concert size ukulele and I am still getting used to the size but I am very happy with it. I like to play Hawaiian music and this uke has a very Hawaiian sound. I recommend supporting Mr. Bader and please check out his wares on the Global Creations site.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice pics. Your uke has plenty of character. Congratulations. :)

I really like the woods that were used.

Hi all, I had a Tahitian friend see my ukulele and say, "Ooh can I see that?"
What happened next I still cannot believe. She played the most amazing piece of music I have ever heard. Her fingers on both hands were flying fast and everyone around was transfixed. Of course I had no camera. Let me say it again, this uke is LOUD. She normally plays Tahitian percussion, and she said that her loudest and favorite to'ere is made from Milo wood, I think that must be the secret. Oh well, at least I have something to strive for, but I am afraid it will be many years before I can do that on my own ukulele. To top it all off, she says, "oh, yeah, I don't really play uke that much, I think I'll start to play a little more often."

WHATEVER!

Top Bottom