Santa Cruz Uke?

brokenwing

Reaction score
SCGC (Santa Cruz Guitar Company) has been making high-end acoustic guitars since the 70's. They are a small/boutique company based in California. I happen to own one of their 000's.

I heard rumor they were going to start building ukes. If that's true, I couldn't imagine a better company to do it. They won't be cheap but the good stuff never is.

I'll be keeping a look-out for further developements. I posted the question over at the Santa Cruz players forum. Usually the company's main service rep, Dan Roberts, stops by once a week to field questions.

Indeed they do make ukes i have the #001 first made Santa Cruz uke Brazilian Rosewood/sprucetopconcert and several more on order. Its tone is amazing however at the over 6,000.00 list it is not a uke for the average buyer

062.jpg

063-1.jpg

Last edited:
indeed they do make ukes i have the #001 first made Santa Cruz uke Brazilian Rosewood/sprucetopconcert and several more on order. Its tone is amazing however at the over 6,000.00 list it is not a uke for the average buyer

Eh Brah- yah I remember seeing the sold sold sign before I even got to play with it at Namm. HAHa. Wassup braddah mike, long time. How you be?

eh Bruddah Mark i was eyeing that Kamaka you showed pictures of.....That would have had sold sold all over it too if i had my way ha ha I am very tired and overworked at this time and even flew an old employee from Hilo back to oahu to help with stuff as UKUKLELES ARE IN!!!!!

yea, I just heard they had showed up at NAMM and saw a pic of Mr. Hoover himself standing over the bender, coaxing a side into shape.

That Braz edition you have there MGM is certainly not going to be typical of the Santa Cruz models. That's a collectible with bling out the wazoo and exotic wood. After all, how many $6000 ukes can you sell?:eek:

I will be curious to see a price list for their standard models.

Top Bottom