PDA

View Full Version : What are YOU waiting for?

Sambient
01-19-2010, 04:04 AM
Me, it's the arrival of two different ebay purchases.
One's a cigar box uke, the other's a maple Bruko.

What's shimmering on the horizon for you?

Melissa82
01-19-2010, 04:06 AM
My tenor mahogany Mainland

paraclete
01-19-2010, 04:07 AM
Koa Piki Koko soprano should be arriving any day now. I'm getting really impatient, too.

trizzle333
01-19-2010, 04:13 AM
my recording king resonator. it SHOULD be back from the shop today... but i've been waiting too long and haven't gotten a call yet. =(

Gary Jugert
01-19-2010, 04:22 AM
I'm getting ready for February Album Writing month at
http://fawm.org

So, I'm buying this stuff:

http://3.ly/SoundMixer
http://3.ly/TwoMicrophones
http://3.ly/TenorHarmonica

Monkeyswithladders
01-19-2010, 04:24 AM
I've been selling some stuff lately to raise funds for another big purchase. I'm hoping to upgrade my bass (you know, one of those extremely long scaled ukuleles) before anything else, provided I can sell my current one. If I can't find a buyer anytime soon, I'm going to give up for a while and buy a conga drum with the funds I've raised so far.

buddhuu
01-19-2010, 04:28 AM
Nothing in the foreseeable future, I'm afraid.

But if I can ever afford it, my next target will be an old French fiddle. You can get a lot of sound for not too much money with those.

One day... ;)

Sic_Rob
01-19-2010, 04:29 AM
I'm waiting for warm weather. Winter in North Eastern US is colder than usual.

Oh yea and I'm waiting to get my Mainland Concert.

dnewton2
01-19-2010, 04:33 AM
I am waiting for all the new stuff from NAMM to be available. I am also waiting for myself to make up my mind of what ukulele(s) to get next.

Monkeyswithladders
01-19-2010, 04:34 AM
I'm waiting for warm weather. Winter in North Eastern US is colder than usual.

Oh yea and I'm waiting to get my Mainland Concert.

qft. on both counts. Now that I know my skiing budget is going toward instruments, I'm looking forward to the summer too. And oh, how I yearn for a mainland!

grammy
01-19-2010, 04:43 AM
i'm waiting for my new fretless bass to arrive.

Ahnko Honu
01-19-2010, 06:30 AM
I'm selling a bunch of my non-pineapples, and not to finance another 'ukulele, just to pay bills and maybe invest in a couple more tools before I start making my own 'ukuleles.

Hastour
01-19-2010, 06:44 AM
I'm waiting for the winter exams at the university to end, so I can learn more music and less pharmacology.

Long term, I'm also waiting for a time when a capital of a 40 million country will have at least one music shop with more than three ukuleles on stock...

GX9901
01-19-2010, 06:44 AM
I'm waiting for a Glyphe mezzo-soprano that was ordered in April of 2007. It's scheduled to be built soon. I think by the time I receive it, it will have been over 3 years since order placement. How's that for a long wait???

micromue
01-19-2010, 07:17 AM
Im waiting for the islate to enjoy UU on the fly.

MartinLil
01-19-2010, 07:43 AM
I'm waiting for my replacement KoAloha concert Sceptre to arrive! :D Brian said it will be shipping out today and I can't wait!!!!!!! :D

lisaxy424
01-19-2010, 07:47 AM
To win the lottery...so then I can wait for ukes instead :)

Fretschen
01-19-2010, 08:21 AM
I'm waiting for my free Lanikai-T-Shirt :D

Dennis

Eriquito
01-19-2010, 08:25 AM
I'm waiting for either a Flea or Mainland soprano...and for this blasted winter to end.

UKISOCIETY
01-19-2010, 08:27 AM
I was waiting on my spruce top concert from Pete Howlett, but it finally arrived today! No thanks to James Earl Ray, otherwise I would have gotten it in the mail yesterday.

Ukeffect
01-19-2010, 08:28 AM
OHHHHHhhh! So many TOYS....sooo little time! Got some surprises on the horizon for people, and my next UAS attack is being well funded!! Saw some NAMM stuff I want including a Fusion gigbag!
:drool:

Bluke
01-19-2010, 08:37 AM
My Collings mahogany tenor. The same one Bill is showing of in his NAMM interview shown on this site.

StereoJoker
01-19-2010, 10:55 AM
I'm waiting for my 21st birthday (this April) so that, in lieu of the alcoholic beverages I will now legally be able to consume in the States but cannot drink anyway due to my bizarre medical anomalies, I will officially acquire an Ohana sopranino. Huzzah for tiny ukes!

(Also, I'm still waiting for the rest of my textbooks for this semester. What the hell, Amazon?)

pdxuke
01-19-2010, 04:13 PM
My first Mainland! Mahogany, matte finish soprano with silver geared tuners (oh, thank you Mike) and ebony tuners. Can't wait.

Tigeralum2001
01-19-2010, 04:25 PM
My tax refund so I can pick up a Pineapple Sunday or a Sceptre...

FourChordWonder
01-19-2010, 04:36 PM
A Makala MK-C that I order from Compass Music Sales last Monday. It shipped out today and should be here Friday. This is the last time I order from somewhere other than MGM to save $10. Taking a week to get something out the door is ridiculous.

beeejums
01-19-2010, 04:48 PM
(hopefully) a new Cordoba tenor to replace the messed up one that I now refer to as "the traitorous uke."

Sambient
01-19-2010, 04:48 PM
In my original post, I was expressing my anticipation for ebay win arrivals of a Bruko and a cigar box uke.
Not only did they both arrive today, but my GIGAPUS stickers did too!
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/Sambient/samscamera051.jpg
Also pictured, Lulu and Hexy.

Sambient
01-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Now I'm just waiting for my new pair of glasses to show up.

wickedwahine11
01-19-2010, 05:01 PM
In my original post, I was expressing my anticipation for ebay win arrivals of a Bruko and a cigar box uke.
Not only did they both arrive today, but my GIGAPUS stickers did too!
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/Sambient/samscamera051.jpg
Also pictured, Lulu and Hexy.

Nice ukes, great cats!

I'm waiting for the new issue of Hana Hou magazine to come in the mail. And on a more long term horizon, I'm waiting to visit the KoAloha factory in April, and hopefully buy a tshirt while I'm there.

fromthee2me
01-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Me, it's the arrival of two different ebay purchases.
One's a cigar box uke, the other's a maple Bruko.

What's shimmering on the horizon for you?

I have a Maple Bruko (longneck), and it is so nice, solid and plunky, different when you look and listen to it. I wonder if the wood over time will change,adding to the character? I did change the strings to Aquilla. Good buy in my opinion!!

devilishlypure
01-19-2010, 05:18 PM
I'm waiting for the artwork on my custom concert Fluke's decal to be approved and finished, since Dale was away at NAMM this past week and hasn't been able to get back to me. And then I can order the Fluke and wait for it to come in the mail!

scottie
01-19-2010, 05:29 PM
I am waiting for the right place and the right time to intersect in the context of my life.

Nuprin
01-19-2010, 07:46 PM
My Ohana sopranino arrived in the mail today so I'm no longer waiting for that. Currently waiting for my custom Boat Paddle Ukulele M-Style concert to be built (should have another 2-3 months or so before it's done). Also waiting for the Kala pocket uke to be available (gonna go with the acacia) and for the Ibanez Iceman uke to be available (my boss at the music store I work at already told me we're getting a couple...one for me and one for stock).

clayton56
01-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Ko'olau soprano ulawood. It's not a custom, but I know they had to make it just for me.

weegee
01-19-2010, 08:02 PM
waiting for someone to give some more input in my buying tips thread. (kinda kidding, not really)
waiting on a uke, sold my rogue around october, saved up for an acoustic electric tenor!

Professor Palmer
01-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Waiting to get enough money to even start considering new ukes :)

phanzo
01-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Waiting on my Kala Rasta Tenor and my orange burst Dolphin. 2 ukes in 1 box? Best day ever!!

Unfortunately it wont be for a couple weeks :(

thejumpingflea
01-19-2010, 08:25 PM
I am now waiting on a Baroq-ulele from the Mid-East company.

Concert sized with Lute-style ebony friction tuners. I am giddy!

mds725
01-19-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm waiting for the Kala travel concert ukes to become available, and in a few weeks I'll be waiting for Makala ukes I plan to order for my nephews. And I'm waiting to figure out which Mainland (size and wood) to buy.

Sic_Rob
01-20-2010, 04:13 AM
I'm waiting for the right time to talk to my wife about me by=uying the beatiful vintage 1960's Martin Tenor in great condition. TRANSLATION. I', WAITING FOR HELL TO FREEZE OVER. hope that didn't offend anyone.

paraclete
01-20-2010, 04:23 AM
Still waiting for the tracking number for the KPK I paid for way back on Jan 9. Uke hasn't gotten here yet either. Giving up on the idea of buying from anyone other than a reputable dealer!

Pueo
01-20-2010, 04:55 AM
I'm waiting for Mr. Bader to finish my Tamarind Super Tenor Liliu 6 string I ordered when I went to pick up my concert last month...

bunnyflower
01-20-2010, 05:15 AM
For my tax refund... and then to pay bills, and then to see what's left over and is affordable. ;)

MartinLil
01-20-2010, 11:00 AM

Go with the Sceptre. The Sceptre!!!!!!!!! :D

wickedwahine11
01-20-2010, 11:48 AM

Go with the Sceptre. The Sceptre!!!!!!!!! :D

Nooooooo the Sunday, the Pineapple Sunday!:2cents:

Mim
01-20-2010, 12:16 PM
Finally getting around to making my Uke hanger and the first Charlotte Uke Jam next month!

MartinLil
01-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Nooooooo the Sunday, the Pineapple Sunday!:2cents:

We're both just so biased. :p You should fly out there, take the tour, meet all the awesome people at KoAloha and try them both out for yourself. That would just be perfect :D

wfwhitson
01-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Still waiting for the tracking number for the KPK I paid for way back on Jan 9. Uke hasn't gotten here yet either. Giving up on the idea of buying from anyone other than a reputable dealer!

Just buy Mike (MGM) you will never be disapointed again, he is the best.

KALA ACACIA OPEN HEADSTOCK TENOR Should be here Saturday I hope, also wating for gold tuners to put on it.

homEsick
01-20-2010, 04:24 PM
i have a fluke coming in friday. i'm mainly waiting til next month when i can buy the ohana tk 75cg. i'm beyond excited.

on the non-uke front, i'm waiting to move back to los angeles anytime from next month to july. ready for tax refund. ready for COACHELLA!, ready to restart B&M classes! taking online until july. i've officially had more gap years than years completed now.

pdxuke
01-20-2010, 05:21 PM
Now I'm also waiting for MGM to get purple Dolphins. Oh--and those YUMMY plastic ukes from Japan...

AzMichael
01-21-2010, 08:17 AM
I'm sitting at my desk enjoying lunch from my favorite Hawaiian eatery (manapua and the best poatato-mac salad!:drool:) watching the National Weather Service website and the UPS tracking of my Kala solid mahogony bari from MGM...it's in SoCal now. Hopefully the weather won't hold it up past tomorrow!

~Michael

Gipserio
01-21-2010, 09:12 AM
I'm waiting for my playing to get better. If it doesn't happen soon perhaps I'll try practising to see if that works.

UKISOCIETY
01-21-2010, 10:52 AM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c345/musicguymic/020-1.jpg

Just ordered the green one. Yum!

grasshopper
01-21-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm waiting for my tenor cigar box uke by Tom Guy. 1 week or less and it's mine!

itsme
01-21-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm waiting for my playing to get better. If it doesn't happen soon perhaps I'll try practising to see if that works.
Ha! :D

I'm waiting on a new motherboard. It's not for me, but whenever hubby upgrades stuff, I get his castoffs. He's building a whole new PC, I'll get his last, and my current one will become a spare he can set up to play head-to-head games when he has a buddy over. :)

paraclete
01-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Ordered a Kelii soprano Koa and Mahogany from MGM last night! It was originally the brand I was going to get before the whole KPK thing. So now, back to square one, and Mike was just in the process of putting a couple Kelii's up last night while I was asking him about the Koalana's. Sweet! I'm totally excited now. The sample clips on YouTube sound amazing, and he even played it over the phone for me.

(... and yes, still waiting for that KPK. I've pretty much given up on it at this point).

Lanark
01-23-2010, 09:31 AM
Ordered a Kelii soprano Koa and Mahogany from MGM last night! ... Sweet! I'm totally excited now. ....

You'll really come to love it. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Kelii is highly underrated.

I'm waiting for it to be warm enough to start having garage sales so we can get rid of more and more stuff as we prepare to make the leap of faith to move to Hawaii. My wife's from there and she really wants to be back and be closer to her parents. It's kind of terrifying for me and we've got tons of stuff that needs to go away so we can winnow it down to the barest of essentials & sentimentals.

hawaiianmusiclover06
01-23-2010, 11:11 AM
I'm waiting for my KoAlana Concert with a pickup from KoAloha.

bt93
01-23-2010, 11:24 AM
my koaloha concert that i ordered yesterday from koaloha..its being shipped monday

Leodhas
01-23-2010, 03:28 PM
I have to make my mind up between a tenor mahogany Mainland/ Kala KA-SMHT or a Kala KA-ST. However I need to pm Mike again as he has advised me to go for a pickup on the Mainland and I don't think that's necessary. Nevertheless can't wait until I choose and get the damn thing as now I'm getting impatient. However the choosing is the best part, It's like buying a new guitar, love the process!

itsme
01-23-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm waiting on a new motherboard. It's not for me, but whenever hubby upgrades stuff, I get his castoffs. He's building a whole new PC, I'll get his last, and my current one will become a spare he can set up to play head-to-head games when he has a buddy over. :)
Ugh! Hubby thought the mobo would be here yesterday since he ordered it from newegg and they're local and we usually get packages quick. Turns out they shipped it from a facility in Tennessee (I think) and it's on the slow boat to China, so to speak. And he still had to pay 9.75% sales tax, so he would have been better off just going to Frys or something. :(

Shoepixie
01-30-2010, 09:48 PM
I'm waiting for this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230430934065&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT)! It's my second ukulele, and I feel terrible for bidding on accident (and by accident I mean impulse). I think it might be a concert, and I do want to try the other sizes because soprano is a bit itty for me. Even if it isn't, and even though I have no idea how 'good' it is, I don't care. I just got my first uke (mahalo U50, with dolphins on the tuning gears! <3)and I love it with every plinky-plink note because it's my first and I've had it three days and oh my god I can't BELIEVE I ordered another one so soon (but it's cool, the ex is paying for it in return for a knit scarf), I mean I only starting to learn a few songs and maybe seven chords (I've never played a chorded instrument before ever) and I was going to wait, but.......

It has turtles on it! Turtles!

When it comes to darling wee things, my resistance just dissipates. The combination of ukulele + tutles? I never had a chance.

flea_bitten
01-30-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm waiting to save enough for a banjolele. I already have a red Mahalo that came at Christmas (as a joke...) and I got hooked and bought a Hibiscus Red Flea about three weeks after. Now I'm saving for a banjolele. I don't think I've caught UAS - I'm blaming it on Mr B... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t28COxEp2k)

Mini123
01-30-2010, 11:54 PM
I'm waiting for a mainland red cedar soprano and I am beyond excited right now :D

Tigeralum2001
01-31-2010, 04:54 AM
Christmas. That is when I am off Uke Acquisition Probation... Though I'll probably be right back on with a purchase of a Sceptre...

Mim
01-31-2010, 06:08 AM
Now i am waiting for my new-to-me Eleuke I impulsively bought out of the marketplace from Paulgeo:
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?25673-Two-for-sale-Kala-Lacewood-Soprano-and-Eleuke

Should be in early next week! I can not wait to hook it up to my amps!!!

CountryMouse
01-31-2010, 08:07 AM
A pineapple soprano Eleuke (and stuff to go with it) and a standard Strumstick!

CountryMouse

Melissa82
01-31-2010, 08:18 AM
Now that I have my Mainland, I waiting for my next bout of UAS.

portlandjosh
01-31-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm waiting for the right time to talk to my wife about me by=uying the beatiful vintage 1960's Martin Tenor in great condition. TRANSLATION. I', WAITING FOR HELL TO FREEZE OVER. hope that didn't offend anyone.

Did you already buy it? Man, I keep doing things like that, thinking it'll be easier to break it to my wife after I receive the purchase. It doesn't ever work!

44fanatic
02-03-2010, 04:46 AM

That's priceless. I'm waiting for my Ohana TK 75 CG. Been waiting for over 6 months but it finally arrived at the store. Now it's up to FedEx. Won't a better uke make my playing better?

44fanatic
02-03-2010, 04:54 AM
Did you already buy it? Man, I keep doing things like that, thinking it'll be easier to break it to my wife after I receive the purchase. It doesn't ever work!

The Ohana took so long that when my wife got the call and started the questioning I responded with " Oh I ordered that last year. I forgot about it." It actually worked.
Now I'll be waiting for the credit card statement and strategy for explaining that "ordered" didn't mean "paid for". I think I have postponed the inevitable.
Maybe if I buy her some more shoes............??

dnewton2
02-03-2010, 06:41 AM
I am waiting for a deal on a super sweet uke. Just like the ones I used to see when I didn't have any $$ for ukes. Now I have $$ but I haven't seen anything I really want. I am thinking about the Lanikai made by Kanilea in the Market place but have not pulled the trigger yet.

gobes
02-03-2010, 09:33 AM
I'm waiting for a lava tenor fluke with rosewood fretboard and a mi-si pickup. It should be here this week.

eleukeusa
02-04-2010, 01:17 PM
I can't wait for the factory to finish up the Cigar Box EleUke we've been working on. It was really fun working on the artwork and the prototypes sound great.

Sambient
02-09-2010, 10:13 AM
I can't wait for the factory to finish up the Cigar Box EleUke we've been working on. It was really fun working on the artwork and the prototypes sound great.

Oh I think there's a few up us who can't wait for that. MGMs video set desiring.

There's no chance of a left-handed version coming to life, is there? It's not the strings, I play with the strings the way they are. It's the placement of the electronics controls.

So, my What I'm Waiting For is more companies to do left-handed friendly electrics.

Sambient
02-09-2010, 10:16 AM
In the meantime, I'm waiting for this luscious novelty.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270528815884
It's the f holes.
And the shape.
And the angled end to the fret board.
And the cheap price.

Skrik
02-09-2010, 11:11 AM
I'm waiting for my Ukulele Revolution shirt (http://www.ukuleleshirtworld.com/Ukulele/Ukulele-Revolution/_s_168624). Then I'm waiting for my time machine, so I can invest in brand new Martin ukuleles from the 1920s.

portlandjosh
02-10-2010, 05:51 AM
I'm picking up a tenor fluke that I picked up on Craigslist for a hundred bucks! Supposedly mint condition. I get it tonight, but have to keep it on the down low for a bit, as I didn't have clearance from my wife to purchase...

luvdat
02-10-2010, 06:55 AM
I'm picking up a tenor fluke that I picked up on Craigslist for a hundred bucks! Supposedly mint condition. I get it tonight, but have to keep it on the down low for a bit, as I didn't have clearance from my wife to purchase...

Dude, you hit the jackpot...I was wondering why you joined the Fluke Foundation...do you let your wife know before or after Valentine's Day? That could be a separate thread. Before might be better. Too lazy to set up a poll. Maybe pd could handle that..."Should Josh Tell His Wife Before or After Valentine's Day?" I've been there...on Valentine's Day itself with a serenade?

Waiting on a Mango Flea with Peg Head Tuners...

44fanatic
02-10-2010, 07:12 AM
...on Valentine's Day itself with a serenade?

This gets my vote. Take her out to dinner- some flowers and then whip out the fluke and break into something like, "Wonderful Tonight" or "You send me". She wont be able to do anything but love the new uke.
I'm doing both... we'll see where that goes...

luvdat
02-10-2010, 07:27 AM
I feel actually tempted to buy a ukukeke before Valentine's Day...before the Mango Flea arrives as a kind of experiment...

Josh, may I also suggest chocolate and some underwear...this might appear as a 4th option, a hybrid approach...5th option: "Hey, I'm the man here." 6th option: spineless pleading.

It's a good thing it's snowing. I might be driving to Matt Umanov's in the Village to buy that Ohana SK-35G...the one I tried out with my wife standing there listening...

portlandjosh
02-10-2010, 08:27 AM
6th option: spineless pleading.

Right now, I'm thinking spineless pleading may be in order. See, it wasn't so much that she frowned on the deal, it was more of an outright prohibition. Then the UAS madness grabbed ahold of my feeble brain, I asked the guy if he would knock off $25, he did and I sealed the deal. I don't think I'd survive telling her before Valentine's Day! For now, I'm thinking I'll keep it at work and play it in the park over lunch...

Jeez. Anyone else ever pull such sneaky shenanigans?!

Cheers

Rick
02-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Kind of waiting for when I have enough to buy a KoAloha. But in non-ukulele related news a DSLite. I was supposed to get my little brothers when he got a DSi but he's so stingey, he kept both.

Skitzic
02-10-2010, 08:37 AM
I am currently waiting for 3:00 so I can battle the blizzard getting home.

luvdat
02-10-2010, 08:44 AM
Right now, I'm thinking spineless pleading may be in order. See, it wasn't so much that she frowned on the deal, it was more of an outright prohibition. Then the UAS madness grabbed ahold of my feeble brain, I asked the guy if he would knock off $25, he did and I sealed the deal. I don't think I'd survive telling her before Valentine's Day! For now, I'm thinking I'll keep it at work and play it in the park over lunch...

Cheers

Be sure to wear sunglasses and a nondescript cap.

Option 7: "I've always had this Fluke. You're losing your mind. Talked about it? You're scaring me."

Swampy Steve
02-10-2010, 09:18 AM

Cheers

Its only 100 bucks, you could be dropping that in a week or less down at the bar. You gotta show her the bright side of things:D
But I do understand ,, my second wife would complain about every dollar I spent , My 3rd ,now& forever wife doesnt. She knows who I used to be & is just glad Im spending money in a reasonable fashion

besides , she wont stay mad long, I am waiting for my Lehua from dentuke , and am trying to sell a mando , to exactly cover the cost. covering all my bases,,,,, so to speak, worst Ill get either way is "the look::cool:

Skrik
02-10-2010, 10:11 AM
I feel actually tempted to buy a ukukeke before Valentine's Day...

I'm thinking of buying a date.

portlandjosh
02-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Its only 100 bucks, you could be dropping that in a week or less down at the bar.

That's very true. Hey, it could be heroin, right?! I'll survive the day, I'm sure...

dallas2ny
02-10-2010, 10:18 AM
at work, waiting for quitting time!

pdxuke
02-10-2010, 04:42 PM
I realize that since this thread started I've probably been waiting for three new ukes! Now, it's the Ohana SK-35 matte that MGM just shipped. The fortunate thing for me is that I don't have a bride who complains: we each have our mad money and are excited by what we each do with it. Lately, I buy ukes...

cornfedgroove
02-10-2010, 05:22 PM
for a miracle

euchre
02-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Waiting for the snow to clear so brown can deliver my Ohana sopranino that was supposed to be delivered Tues.

KamakOzzie
02-10-2010, 07:28 PM
The fortunate thing for me is that I don't have a bride who complains: we each have our mad money and are excited by what we each do with it. Lately, I buy ukes...

Congratulations ! I am in the same situation. When the Kiwaya pineapple came today, she said "Wow, cute!"
When she wakes up tomorrow, I'll tell her about the 2 cases I ordered tonight for it and the baritone uke that I just won on Ebay.

So, I'm waiting on 2 cases and a baritone uke. Should be here early next week.

Andruke
02-11-2010, 01:17 PM
A mettalic blue Makala Dolphin I just ordered from MGM. Been hearing alot of great things about the Dolphins, so I bit.

luvdat
02-11-2010, 01:38 PM
A mettalic blue Makala Dolphin I just ordered from MGM. Been hearing alot of great things about the Dolphins, so I bit.

Ya gonna love it!

Nelson-Fritata
02-11-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm waiting for capitalism to brake down so we finally can get a fair economic system for all (no, I'm not a communist).

Edit: I'm also waiting to buy aquila strings for my tenor and a clip-on tuner.

flea_bitten
02-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Waiting for a set of low G strings to come from a music store in Queensland. When they get here they're going on my Dolphin.
Also a copy of Ukulele Fretboard Roadmaps is coming from Amazon - been waiting ages for that one - hope its not lost in the post.
And, the big one, a banjolele is on its way from Waverley St. I scan the horizons daily.

That's the trouble with living in Western Australia. Its a long way to anywhere...

Swampy Steve
02-12-2010, 03:30 AM
Waiting for a set of low G strings to come from a music store in Queensland. When they get here they're going on my Dolphin.
Also a copy of Ukulele Fretboard Roadmaps is coming from Amazon - been waiting ages for that one - hope its not lost in the post.
And, the big one, a banjolele is on its way from Waverley St. I scan the horizons daily.

That's the trouble with living in Western Australia. Its a long way to anywhere...

I think Im now waiting to get one of those stickers , on the back of your vechicle

flea_bitten
02-12-2010, 04:09 AM
Hee hee. Glad you like the sticker Steve. I think the world needs a lot less "normal" people.

I had some made - I needed it to go with a rusty (but much loved) old Beetle...
PM me your address and I'll send you one (if you don't mind a black one cos that's what's left!)

flea_bitten

Sambient
02-15-2010, 03:50 AM
Estimated arrival date from Amazon for my Mahalo Banjo Shaped Uke is today. UPS tracking has it having arrived at the local center at 6:14 this morning. Let's see if it makes it on a truck today.

darkwater
02-15-2010, 05:21 AM
I'm waiting to get my concert Eleuke out of the shop. Great little player for plugged-in gigs, but the input jack crapped out.

richman
02-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Waiting for my first uke to arrive, a Makai Baritone. Hope it gets here soon.
richman

mailman
02-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Hee hee. Glad you like the sticker Steve. I think the world needs a lot less "normal" people.

I had some made - I needed it to go with a rusty (but much loved) old Beetle...
PM me your address and I'll send you one (if you don't mind a black one cos that's what's left!)

flea_bitten

What year is the Beetle? I have a pair of Bahama Blue '64s....

flea_bitten
02-15-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm waiting on some Low G strings coming from Queensland which should be here today. And still waiting for the Roadmaps book which I ordered from Amazon and is now overdue.

Mailman: The Beetle is a 1972...

lukuleles
02-15-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm waiting for a Glyphe mezzo-soprano that was ordered in April of 2007. It's scheduled to be built soon. I think by the time I receive it, it will have been over 3 years since order placement. How's that for a long wait???

that is a long wait! do already have a glyphe? do you like it?

i'm waiting on a basic Santos reproduction from Dasilva. it won't have the fancy trim b/c i don't have the $$$$.

pdxuke
02-15-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm now waiting until I turn 56. At that point (April 30) I become eligible for a Kiwaya KTS4 :-)

SailQwest
02-16-2010, 12:59 PM
An order of Guadalupe Custom Strings. White for Rich's tenor, multi-color for my concerts, and blue for my soprano. They look pretty cool, but it's the sound that's really amazing.

Carolina Uku
02-24-2010, 04:08 PM
I'm waiting for my birthday! I'm getting my first uke as a present! :D

jdogface
02-24-2010, 06:58 PM
"I'm waiting on a woman that ain't got no man... (cause my buckets got a hole in it)"

Banjo
02-24-2010, 07:07 PM
I waiting on a Kala solid mahogany concert ukulele from MGM that is due to arrive tomorrow.

Pork Pie
02-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Expecting a Boulder Creek Riptide Concert from MusicGuy Mike tomorrow....cant wait!

psesinkclee
02-24-2010, 07:44 PM
Ohana all solid mahogany Baritone from Mike at Uke Republic.
Tenor Rosewood Eleuke from Bernuzio's.
Go-Grande Walnut Travel from Sam Redding at Go-Guitars.

Should all be getting to me over next week. :)

After this it'll be between a tenor fluke to bring with on travels this summer or a 6 string (lanikai or ohana).

portlandjosh
02-25-2010, 07:32 AM
Waiting for a hardshell case for my Fluke that will arrive today. Woot!