Hard case for concert uke

portlandjosh

Reaction score
Hey folks,

So what do y'all like for your hardshell cases? I just got a gig bag with my new Kala uke, and it won't cut it for my house with three kids and two cats! Looking for a hard case, and I kinda like the look of the vintage uke-shaped ones. They do seem pricey, though. But not as pricey as a broken instrument, so I guess it's all relative, eh?

Found a good deal on eBay (I think it's a good deal!) on the tweed case. Anyone using that?

Cheers,
Josh

Have you looked at Mainland web site. They have a tweed case and I have great things about it. i hear they look great new and look even better when they start getting beat up a little. thats the way I'm headed. BTW, can't tell if you got a good deal on EBAy unless you mention the price. DOn't need to see the case just price and if it is brand new or used.

Heh, details, details! It is $45 brand new on eBay for the concert size plus $13 shipping. Seems quite a bit cheaper than everywhere else. I think I'm going for it.

I saw those tweed cases on ebay, was going to spring for one, when the tenor size vanished from the site. I wrote to ask the seller if he still had the tenor size available and he said the quality wasn't up to his standards, so he pulled them. Still selling the concert and soprano sizes, however. That sort of make me pull back a bit. For a few more $, I went for the Kala case available at Cecilias Music with free shipping. Haven't got it yet but, it looks to be more substantial than the ebay cases. Four clasps instead of two, etc.

The Oscar Schmidt UC-3 case is a nice one. My used KoAloha concert was shipped in one and I am impressed with the quality. And it's brown which makes it stand out from the gazillion black ones out there. A google search should find someone that has one in stock.

Jude

I've got an Oscar Schmidt hard case. It fits both of my concerts really nicely. Not a bad price either. $50, new. Stickers adhere really well too.

Thanks for the advice. I went for the eBay one, we'll see how the quality is. I don't expect to be hauling the uke around too much, so hopefully it'll be good enough for in-house protection (cats, kids, me). I'll report back on it!

Top Bottom