you prefer TI or TIMR

• TI = Thumb, index

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • TIMR = Thumb Index Middle Ring

Votes: 23 51.1%

• Total voters

Esy

Reaction score
what kind of picking technique you use in most cases.

i prefer TI
and when is the tab simpble I play only tby thumb. but Thumb+Index finger is my prefered style of picking

TI=Thumb index finger

TIMR=Thumb Index Middle Ring

Last edited:
I've not been playing long... But I also play classical guitar so I just kinda naturally did TIMR.

It's kinda neat having one finger for each string. But... If I have to play more than two notes in a row on the same string I alternate with the finger above.

So- if on the a string I'd do R-M-R-M. For the E string: M-I-M-I so on so forth.

TI is easier but I am practicing TIMR everyday. For one it's more skill and I think has to come into play for real smooth/fast picking. Then again....I'm definitely no expert.

Well, I prefer TI, but I need to practice TIMR, or at least TIM. I'm getting better at TIM. I fear that my pinky is too small to give me the proper height for TIMR, though. I got a midget pinky finger on my right hand.

I voted TIMR but I use both. When I arpeggiate I use TIMR but wh I do anything else I use TIM.

I like to switch between both! I think it's more of a personal preference, experiment and see which techniques works best for you and in what kind of situation. I even like to keep a soft pick on my knee when I want to switch to a crisper cutting sound!

hope this helps...:)

now i am in middle phase :D I am TIM :D ring finger is too stopid to control :D

TIM for me.
Felt most natural (and a good remnant of a failed attempt at teaching myself banjo.) It works for me mostly because I do believe that is about the largest number of body parts I can successfully manipulate at one time in the interests of music.

Top Bottom