DIY Ukulele kit?

argha

Reaction score
hi brother and i saw this on the web
46109.jpg

http://www.spoonsisters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=46109

its a really affordable ukulele kit
have u guys try it?
is it good?

I built a similar kit from Grizzly. I did an inlay on the headstock and added a bone nut and saddle. I recomend it highly. I had a ball putting it together. You won't get a great Uke in the end but you will have a lot of fun and learn alot. Mine doesnt have alot of volume but sounds good and is great to play if you don't want to bother anyone. It's a great starter kit if you're interested in building. Start with this kit and make your mistakes so that when you get a better kit you will have a better idea of what you are doing. IMHO P.S. put aquila strings on it.

Last edited:
thanks for the info :D
i really want to try it and try to build an ukulele
yeah aquila strings is a must :D

but its very hard to find kit like that in Indonesia even an ukulele its hard to find here.

I built the grizzly kit. The strings that come with it are a joke. Put some decent strings on it and you will have a decent little beater uke. I teach 6 to 8 grade music. I have several students that come in every day and pick it up and play it. Several have now bought their own ukes! SO... I would say money very well spent.

its very hard to find kit like that in Indonesia even an ukulele its hard to find here.

Aren't Pono, Oscar Schimdt, and Lanikai 'ukuleles made in Indonesia? I was thinking finding a great deal on a 'ukulele at local prices would be easier but I guess they are not made for local consumers.

Top Bottom