Which harp holder for a kazoo? and kazoo recommendations?

CountryMouse

Reaction score
I've seen several folks on YouTube using a harmonica holder for a kazoo, to play along with their ukuleles. I don't have the know-how to make a homemade one, so does anyone have a recommendation for a holder that will keep a kazoo secure but not crush it, in a good position so you can still sing?

Also: kazoo recommendations? All I have at present are a couple no-name plastic ones. Are metal ones better? Will plastic ones get crushed by a harmonica holder (see above)?

If this is not the right forum for this: mods please move at your discretion. :)

Thanks!

CountryMouse

Harp Holder for Kazoo

Hello, I use a modified Lee Oskar Harmonica neck brace for my kazoo and it works fine. I attached a picture that may help. I took the neck brace and flattend out the spring loaded metal bar that holds a harmonica. Normally it is kind "L" shaped and the harmonica sets on it. I then made a nice flat slot on the bottom of my kazoo with a 1" wood rasp so the kazoo is locked into the flattened bar. I also made the kazoo and it is long enough to sit back from the neck brace a wee bit and work great while playing guitar.

I don't know how well it would work with a plastic kazoo. Instead of making a groove in the bottom of the kazoo you could stick a piece of double sided tape on the kazoo and sit that on the flattened neck brace. That may hold a rounded plastic or metal kazoo in place.

Hope this helps, keep on humming
The Old Kazoo Maker

KAZOO_BRACE-396x382.jpg:cool:

Top Bottom