1930'S Keech Banjulele

drewbydo

Reaction score
So I got this for christmas but had to get it fixed up to be in playable condition so I just got it back the other day. I love this thing and I think I got it for a steal, found it on ebay for $160 from some british estate sale. The only problem is I can't find a good case for it that fits it snug enough they are either to big or way to small. Its soprano size which I think is my big problem, does anyone have any suggestions? All in all this baby fits in good with my other uke's and sounds great as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0621.jpg
    IMG_0621.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 80
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0624.jpg
    IMG_0624.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0623.jpg
    IMG_0623.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 41
I have the same Banjulele!! The case I have is the original, but is very tatty. It's kind of triangular and made out of snake skin with velvet linning and a pocket for accessories.
Sorry to say I wouldn't want to sell it though. I inherited it from my Grandad and came complete with catgut strings.

Is yours autographed on the back by Alvin Keech? Lovely little instrument, and quite surprised to see it's worth a few bob!!

That's the exact same one I've just bought. It's the only banjulele I've ever played, so I'm not qualified to say how it sounds, but I love it - especially the way it looks. Almost art deco. I just need to fiddle with the screws on the friction tuners to see if I can get it to stay in tune for more than half an hour.

I paid £80 for it. I'm guessing that was a bargain, too.

Nice collection! I am really hoping to get some kind of Banjulele someday. Have you tried one of the zip-up cordura covered foam semi-hard cases (the sort MGM includes with most of his ukes)? I don't know if it would fit a banjulele, but my Mainland soprano pineapple fits in one quite nicely, so they are at least able to fit SOME non-standard shapes.

Top Bottom