New Uke size advice

...a soprano?

wel i was thinking that, but i think a bit of variety would be good, concert sure would make performances easier, and tenor moreso, as my hands are large.

sorry if this post annoys anyone but it useful to bounce ideas off people

:D

I prefer a Concert so I suggested it. I have played/owned Soprano, Tenor and Concert ukulele and I always feel most comfortable playing my concerts. I just sold my only Tenor because it was not getting played. The best thing for you to do, and this has been said many many times before, find a shop with ukes and try each size out yourself. That is the only way to get what you will be comfortable playing.

I know you are asking for advice but really all you are going to get is what we prefer. Which can also be valuable but ultimatly it comes down to personal preference.

EDIT: I hear good things about the Glyph Mezzo-sopranos, but if you want one you will have to wait 2-3 years for it.

yea, find a place where tou can try the sizes. even if the ukes they have suck (like Guitar Center) try out the sizes and get a feel for what you like or dont like. I always like concerts but I dont own a tenor (yet...2 more weeks :D) and I love them. Give a concert and a tenor a shot and go from there.

Amen, Concert!

I don't believe there is any issue with hand/finger size and the instrument. Play what you like the sound of. There is nothing like a good soprano. It has a sparkle to the sound that the other sizes just don't have. i would try to get my hands on concerts and sopranos, maybe even tenors and see what sounds/feels good to you.

I' ve asked this question in the past also and PHANZO's response makes a lot of sence. It is totally a personal preference. That being said get the concert or Tenor. You have a soprano, try something new. Variety is a fun thing especially with ukulele's GO UAS!

Buy a soprano, a concert and a tenor.
You will want them all any way.
Look at everyones signature, not many with only one ukulele.

This is true...but the order should be tenor, concert, then soprano because only the coolest people buy tenors first. :p

Yes :agree: I first got a tenor,then came the concert!! I love the tenor (I too have big hands) :cool: :cool:

Top Bottom