PDA

View Full Version : April Contest Showdown #1 - UkuleleHill vs. Rod!

anaka
05-09-2008, 05:37 PM

Rod - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U37YzNgnpjw
UkuleleHill - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyiHeWTSla4

Check back for the next Showdown Poll tomorrow!

degracia
05-09-2008, 05:52 PM
wow, tough match-ups. Congrats to all that made the Elite-8! I can't believe I even got in :eek:

Good lucks to all. Everyone had wonderful videos and I sure bet it was difficult for the staff to choose. Btw, how many videos in total were there?

rayan
05-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Ok heres a little info on this.

this tournament style showdown was suggested by dnewton. We thought it was an awesome idea since there were so many great entries. Let's keep this fair. No cheating and vote for whos vid you honestly think is better.

Don't forget we have a 2nd place prize as well. As for those who aren't in the finals we'll figure out something to get you guys just for entering. We truly appreciate everyone who participated. Thank you!

Finally for the people who didn't enter this time, no worries, we have another giveaway coming up right around the bend!

LonBoi808
05-09-2008, 05:59 PM
pretty good match up too bad i didnt enter this contest good luck to the finalist hopefully i make the next contest.

UkuleleHill
05-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Awesome I can't wait to find out! Good luck to you Rod!

Oh and thanks!

Rod
05-09-2008, 06:11 PM
So exciting, what a great twist! Good luck UkuleleHill!

UkeNinja
05-09-2008, 06:23 PM
There we are! And what an unexpected twist...

For us people who didn't make the cut, some decent sleep again. For the finalists, another week of agony :D

yomogimogi
05-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Awesome idea! Good luck!

What's next? Ukulule-jam-fighting a la Zoolander's Breakdance fighting?

experimentjon
05-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Alright, I cast my vote. Good luck to each of the elite 8.

seeso
05-09-2008, 06:58 PM
This was a really tough choice. Good luck to the both of you.

Gary Jugert
05-09-2008, 07:20 PM
You know on those reality TV shows how they suddenly add somebody's tattooed dad onto the island? Or the contestants find out they now must eat a giant spider instead of going hot tubbing with the Hooters girls? Or "she" turns out to be a "he"? Well, tonights shocking one-up-ante makes this FAR more interesting. Good luck to everybody. I've cast my vote, but somehow I wish I could yell at Simon Cowell right now.

Ame
05-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Wow, awesome idea! Gives everyone a bit more fair chance. :)
Thanks for putting mine in the Lucky8. :D

I put my vote in. Good luck to everyone!~

Oh and question, is there a way to hide the poll results until you've actually voted? Just in my opinion, it sways a person's vote to the higher of the two sometimes when they see the choice with the highest votes just because everyone else is voting for them, but that's just what I've noticed on other polls before. ><;;

Oh and btw, I love the graphics you guys did on the video! I love old style video game character selections (esp. Street Fighter) haha I've tried to do some before but failed. >.>;;

NoLine
05-09-2008, 10:32 PM
im lovin the whole street fighter 2 layout
makes things alot more fun

just wanted to say thank you all soo much
i am just honored to be in the top 8
win or lose im just glad i even made it this far
good luck to us all
and may the best vid win

KoloheBoy
05-10-2008, 12:54 AM
i took out my video out of the contest cuz i couldnt even see me. its good though because its better because im sure theres someone else out there who deserves it more than i since i have a perfectly beautiful uke. :worship::)

russ_buss
05-10-2008, 08:35 AM
congratulations ukehill, rod, and the rest of the final 8!

rock the vote!

uke142464
05-10-2008, 08:35 AM
hard to decide....:confused:

acabooe
05-10-2008, 09:50 AM
Hey Ryan,

How about free UU stickers to those that didn't get into the finals?
Just a thought ( I couldnt find the thread where you needed to go to get um:o)

Aloha
Acabo'oe:cool:

dnewton2
05-10-2008, 10:02 AM
So cool that you guys are doing this. I didn't think you were going to. Congrats to all the finalist and good luck!

Happy voting.:music::music::music:

Djr0nard
05-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Ouch! tough choices. hmmm there bothe so AWESOME:rock: goodluck to both of you !!

UkuLeLesReggAe
05-10-2008, 02:45 PM
I actually had a feeling that there would be a vote in the end, i would do it to because all those videos = hard to decide. But it isn't really that far apart when you think about it.. and its good that you don't see either of them making 100 accounts to put the votes up LOLOLOL - don't get ideas..

UkuleleHill
05-10-2008, 03:11 PM
and its good that you don't see either of them making 100 accounts to put the votes up LOLOLOL - don't get ideas..

Thats just not the UU way... :)

Well no matter the income this has been an awesome experience :)

Poi Dog
05-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Excellent videos guys! Good luck to you both!

BTW - Rod, did you get to see the basement at the Alamo? :D (Pee Wee's Big Adventure for those who didn't catch on.) LOL And UkuleleHill - I just so happened to have seen that episode of Ghost Hunters you were talkin' about. It was really cool! SPPOOOKKKYYY!! LOL

deach
05-10-2008, 03:44 PM

BTW - Rod, did you get to see the basement at the Alamo? :D (Pee Wee's Big Adventure for those who didn't catch on.) LOL

LMAO! That was the first thing I thought of when I watched his video. One of my favorite movies.

UkuleleHill
05-10-2008, 03:47 PM
UkuleleHill - I just so happened to have seen that episode of Ghost Hunters you were talkin' about. It was really cool! SPPOOOKKKYYY!! LOL

Thanks! Yeah I watched it it was the first one I had seen form them. Freaky! My wife talked about every creak in our house at night being a ghost for weeks...

Poi Dog
05-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Thanks! Yeah I watched it it was the first one I had seen form them. Freaky! My wife talked about every creak in our house at night being a ghost for weeks...

DOOOD! You gotsta check out the St. Augustine, FL episode of Ghost Hunters! It was by far THE BEST!! (Made me a believer - and I'm a skeptic BIG TIME!) LOL Its available on YouTube!

My friend Camille and I visited the St. Augustine Light House (where the episode takes place) - unfortunately we could only go during the day. But it was still pretty freaky! LOL One of the batteries in my Nikon Speedlight Flash exploded! :eek:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2309/2350783715_4131daf52f_m.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2271/2350783653_f0868c644d_m.jpg

Sorry for the thread hi-jack everyone! :D

Rod
05-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Excellent videos guys! Good luck to you both!

BTW - Rod, did you get to see the basement at the Alamo? :D (Pee Wee's Big Adventure for those who didn't catch on.) LOL

"There's no basement in the Alamo!!"

HAHAHA, great movie!

Wow what a rollercoaster of a day! My wife thinks Im crazy, I've been checking the site all day from my phone. :)

Thanks to all that have voted, and good luck to the rest of the finalist!

UkuleleHill
05-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Wow what a rollercoaster of a day! My wife thinks Im crazy, I've been checking the site all day from my phone. :)

Thanks to all that have voted, and good luck to the rest of the finalist!

Same here bro. My wife thinks I am nuts...

And also a good luck to all the finalist!

Rod
05-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Great race UH! Thanks again for your video and showing us a part of your wonderful state.

anaka
05-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks to everyone who voted!! This poll is officially closed (even though you can still click it for fun). Go ahead, congratulate Rod on his win - he's one step closer! And be sure to tell UkuleleHill how much you still love him to death even though the Tenor slipped just beyond his reach ...

Oh, and here's the New Showdown (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2543) that you can place your well thought-out vote upon (for serious). http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2543

seeso
05-10-2008, 07:00 PM
UkuleleHill, congrats for making it to the finals! You had some tough competition in this round, man. Your video was awesome, much more awesome than mine! :mad: :p

You're a classy dude! :worship:

And oh yeah, congrats on the win, Rod! :rock:

UkuleleHill
05-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Great race UH! Thanks again for your video and showing us a part of your wonderful state.

It was my pleasure! Had a great time doing it. Good luck to you in the rest of the contest!

And be sure to tell UkuleleHill how much you still love him to death even though the Tenor slipped just beyond his reach ...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

lol nah it was great to even be considered in the finalists! Thanks!

UkuleleHill, congrats for making it to the finals! You had some tough competition in this round, man. Your video was awesome, much more awesome than mine! :mad: :p

You're a classy dude! :worship:

Thanks Seeso! You too are a classy dude!

degracia
05-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Congrats Rod! Semi-finalist ehh? Hope to see you there? ;)

UkuleleHill, your vid was awesome as well. I'm sure you had a lot of fun making it. Congrats on getting this far as well :D

ELEVATED THOUGHT
05-11-2008, 12:42 AM
congrats to everyone who made it into the finals.

and congrats to rod for moving on to the next round.

Rod
05-11-2008, 04:08 AM
thanks fellas!!

UkuleleHill
05-11-2008, 07:52 AM
UkuleleHill, your vid was awesome as well. I'm sure you had a lot of fun making it. Congrats on getting this far as well :D

Thanks! It was!