Monkey Contest

Monkeyswithladders

Reaction score
Monkey Contest (Until June 1st)

Contest time!

Here's a link to the video in which I (poorly) explain the contest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7L08L_90Q8

Brief explanation of the contest:
1) Record yourself playing a song and put it on youtube. It can be any cover or any original. Starting now.
2) In either the description or vocally before the video, explain why the song has something to do with monkeys.
3) Put your entry in this thread or link it to the contest video via video response so I know you entered.
4) In order to be eligible to win the prize, you must be attending UWC or have someone going who can claim the prize for you.

Contest is open all the way to June 1st.

The prize is a bottle of homemade Banana Wine. Yes, I'm serious. :nana:
The Banana Wine is hopefully going to come out as a semi-dry, tropicallish, after-dinner, dessert-type wine around 18-19% alc/vol. Right now it's totally dry, so it depends on how much I decide to sweeten it before it gets bottled. So far all my wine-making experience is in reds, but I think this should come out pretty good and definitely interesting at the very least.

Last edited:
Cool contest! I already have a song picked out!

I want to enter this, but am not of legal drinking age, ergo meaning I can't win, good luck to everyone who does enter! Homemade banana wine sounds lovely, we're making grape wine here at the moment.

Russ, I just looked up the trailer for Project X. I cannot believe I didn't know about that movie. I'm definitely renting it next night I have free. There's no way I can't watch a movie like that.

and AverseBliss, what kind are you making? The way the banana wine idea came up was actually because I moved residence around August and missed out on buying my grapes for this year-- bananas were my plan to help hold over the need to make wine until next september :p

Last edited:
here's my entry, a sloppy first take because i couldn't bring myself to recording this song more than once. the E chord also kicks my ass, cobra kai style.

thanks for running the contest MWL!

I kind of liked the remake of "Planet of the Apes" with Mark Walberg. I have the perfect song in mind but still bidding on a video camera on Ebay, hopefully I win.

That's an awesome song :D Shreds of Boa from that album is definitely on my list of songs to cover. Oh, and I wish I could figure out how to play Jennifer's Jacket-- I have a feeling that would sound amazing on uke.

Top Bottom