Zomg Search Function Fix!

Melissa82

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
So the search function is a little wonky but there is a secret trick.

1. Open a new browser and go to google. com
2. Type in the search: site:ukuleleunderground.com/forum _____________
3. Where the __________ is, take that out and put your search term.

For example, if I wanted to do a search about "how to change strings" it would look like this

site:ukuleleunderground.com/forum how to change strings

Your results would be this:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...orum+how+to+change+strings&aq=f&aql=&aqi=&oq=

I hope this helps! I know it's an extra step but with the changeover the database for searching doesn't include any threads prior to the switchover.

Last edited:
Good to hear I'm not the only one having problems. I haven't spent much time here, but am getting back into the uke a bit and was looking for some stuff today. Two different times I did a search where I KNEW there were hits, but it came up blank. And I knew they were there, because I had already found them with Google and had them open in another browser window. I'm looking right at them and the UU search function says they don't exist.

Also, if you don't want to remember what Melissa showed above, just click on "Advanced Search" next to the search box in Google (not here on UU). That will take you to a screen where you can put in your search phrase, and specify ukuleleunderground.com (add /forum if you want) at the bottom, next to "Search within a site or domain:"

Jason

Top Bottom