New baby

Dallas Pursley

Reaction score
Check out what the kindly UPS man just dropped at my doorstep! It's my brand new Mainland Classic Mahogany Tenor in gloss. Isn't she beautiful? Her name's Melinda, after my wife.

Bodyclose.jpg

Here's a closeup of the body.

headstockclose.jpg

The headstock, love the Mainland in rope.

Soundholeclose.jpg

The sound-hole and Mainland label.

Compare.jpg

Side by side with Beatrice the Beater. No question about who wins this beauty contest!​

Yeah, but play the other one (Beatrice) too...it's a uke! the Mainland is sure very nice-congrats!

I want a Mainland BAD! My 17 year old niece was visiting just after Christmas and was in love with my Kala Soprano and wouldn't put it down the whole visit (she has played cello since she was 8 years old). I decided that I want to get her a nice ukulele for her 18th birthday in April, and I think it will be a Mainland. I was "casually" looking at them on the internet and asked her if she liked the way they looked and got a big "Yes". But the hard part will be giving her one without ordering one for myself at the same time (which might not go over so well with my wife!). But someday I will get one. They look really well-made, and they are just gorgeous!

Congrats on the new uke! The uke hanger is nice too.

I am waiting on the same Mainland model at the moment. I am SOOOOOOOOO jealous.

I thought mine would be here today.

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Congrats and may she bring you much joy and happiness!!!
BTW....nice uke hanger!

very nice Uke and Hanger (haha) . Mike makes some awesome instruments! Congrats and enjoy. My multi hangers are known to promote and encourage UAS when you have to stare at blank slots.

very nice Uke and Hanger (haha) . Mike makes some awesome instruments! Congrats and enjoy. My multi hangers are known to promote and encourage UAS when you have to stare at blank slots.

Yes, that empty hanger needs another uke. I'm thinking a banjolele or maybe one of those super fancy carbon fiber Blackbird ukes or a Composite Acoustics carbon fiber uke if they release one. They're often a lot cheaper than Blackbird models and just as well made.

Top Bottom