Song Help Request All Along the Watchtower

tammy08

Reaction score
I found a thread a couple of days (it may have been a week or so) ago with the chords to all along the watchtower...but I can't seem to find it.....also does anyone have tabs for the solo, that would be a-mazing to play! I have a soprano aecg tuning.

Any other Battlestar Galactica fans?... haha

-Tammy

You want to play the Hendrix solo on uke? Awesome.

I believe the whole song is just Am, G, F, G.

thanks seeso...and yea i'm a fan of playing the harder parts of songs :)

thanks seeso...and yea i'm a fan of playing the harder parts of songs :)

Well that is a mammoth solo. If I were to tab it out, it would take me at least 8 hours or so... Not saying I wouldn't do it, but I can't right now.

Last edited:
woah, no rush, I was saying thanks to the chords...if you could point me in the right direction for the solo, that would be cool too...

I tabbed the intro solo a while back: http://liveukulele.com/tabs/ideas/. Maybe that will give you some ideas. It would be great practice for you to try and figure it out. Doing the work yourself will teach you a lot more than getting the tab from someone. A tab isn't bad per se, but I would always recommend working on a song yourself if you can. Good luck!

PS: You could look at a guitar tab and work off of that - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/j/jimi_hendrix/all_along_the_watchtower_ver4_tab.htm

thanks hippie guy! i have tabbed a couple songs, but sometimes i need a little guidance when i start out :)
-tammy

Bear has the notation over on his blog, but the Final Five theme (AKA That Frakking Song!) which goes along with his version of Watchtower, starts on C#. :)

first song i ever played on a uke! dave matthews version though, not hendrix... same chords though.

Hey! I learned all along the watchtower with this video.

yes: Am G F G when played in barre position chords (this would be Dm- C-Bb-C on a tenor or soprano). Doesn't sound right in other position chords.

Top Bottom