Old style Pineapple Sunday on Ebay

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
Scotty's Music has listed an old style (hand carved and old bridge) Pineapple Sunday on eBay with bids starting at $995.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...465523&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1182

I love mine dearly, but I admit, I'm jealous of the old bridge and hand carved goodness of this particular pineapple. Looks like a good buy for someone...though it is listed as new, and an awfully low starting bid. I wonder if it is actually second hand since I thought they haven't been making those bridge styles for a while now.

I'm also curious about that case. It sort of looks like those Kamaka style cases. Hmm, a concert sized one of those would have been a heck of a lot cheaper than the Ameritage I just bought for my PS. I wish I had seen that case sooner and bought one for my KoAloha PS. :(

Last edited:
I seen that to, and thought of you Oh Wicked One. If I hade some extra money right now I would buy it and sell my PS, but I don't so I'm happy with the one I have.

Scotty's Music has listed an old style (hand carved and old bridge) Pineapple Sunday on eBay with bids starting at $995.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...465523&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1182

I love mine dearly, but I admit, I'm jealous of the old bridge and hand carved goodness of this particular pineapple. Looks like a good buy for someone...though it is listed as new, and an awfully low starting bid. I wonder if it is actually second hand since I thought they haven't been making those bridge styles for a while now.

I'm also curious about that case. It sort of looks like those Kamaka style cases. Hmm, a concert sized one of those would have been a heck of a lot cheaper than the Ameritage I just bought for my PS. I wish I had seen that case sooner and bought one for my KoAloha PS. :(
You're supposed to stop looking! You got your PS - no looking back now!

I've put a bid on it. This is the reply I got from Scotty when I asked about it.
Dear heyjude45638,

Yes I am an authrized dealer for about 8 years. This ukulele has been in inventory for approx. 1 year and is new and covered by manufacturers warranty. We are the largest store on Kauai and have just started putting items on ebay again. We are also authorized Kamaka, Kanilea, and Island ukulele dealers. Thank you, Scotty

- scottysmusic

Jude

I seen that to, and thought of you Oh Wicked One. If I hade some extra money right now I would buy it and sell my PS, but I don't so I'm happy with the one I have.
I know, if I had any extra money I would do the same. But no more loans are coming my way. I love my PS too, I just really love that bridge and had my heart set on that initially.

You're supposed to stop looking! You got your PS - no looking back now!
That would be the mature, intelligent way to go about things. Namely, not my way! :)

I've put a bid on it. This is the reply I got from Scotty when I asked about it.
Dear heyjude45638,

Yes I am an authrized dealer for about 8 years. This ukulele has been in inventory for approx. 1 year and is new and covered by manufacturers warranty. We are the largest store on Kauai and have just started putting items on ebay again. We are also authorized Kamaka, Kanilea, and Island ukulele dealers. Thank you, Scotty

- scottysmusic

Jude
Yeah, I called him too...I wanted to know about that case, and yes, I could have saved a ton of money on the case I bought. It is the Kamaka style case, just a concert sized one. So all that cash on the Ameritage was unnecessary. I may see if I can return that case and get this kind instead to save some money. He told me he has gotten a ton of emails and requests with everyone talking about the old style bridge. He said he sold one today to someone since he had two of them, and that he would call me tomorrow to tell me more about the one he still has available.

I would say good luck to you on the auction, but now we may be bidding against each other, in which case, may the best bidder win!:D

Hey, good to know there is a uke store on Kauai, I'll be there in a few months.... While that is a very beautiful PS, and I like the bridge, I prefer my abalone fret dot inlays to the white plastic on the older model.
Although I do think it would be nice to have, I'm gonna give my PS some love now...
Cheers,
Skottoman

Hey, good to know there is a uke store on Kauai, I'll be there in a few months.... While that is a very beautiful PS, and I like the bridge, I prefer my abalone fret dot inlays to the white plastic on the older model.
Although I do think it would be nice to have, I'm gonna give my PS some love now...
Cheers,
Skottoman

Very true dude, our abalone ones are cooler than the white dots, I didn't even notice that as I was drooling over the bridge. I think I shall go play my PS too now as well. :)

Still sorry I didn't see that case option though before I dropped all that Ameritage money. :(

Last edited:
Very true dude, our abalone ones are cooler than the white dots, I didn't even notice that as I was drooling over the bridge. I think I shall go play my PS too now as well. :)

Still sorry I didn't see that case option though before I dropped all that Ameritage money. :(

Be Happy! You have a PS!!!! It has nice Abalone Inlays, and was made in Oahu by KoAloha!!! BE HAPPY! No regrets! Love it and it will love you back...
Cheers,
Skottoman

Be Happy! You have a PS!!!! It has nice Abalone Inlays, and was made in Oahu by KoAloha!!! BE HAPPY! No regrets! Love it and it will love you back...
Cheers,
Skottoman

Oh I am happy, I love that I have a PS, especially after I had to get 100 signatures to free her from captivity. :)

But I do wish I hadn't dropped all that cash on that Ameritage case when I could have bought a much cheaper Kamaka one...

Staci,

The standard concert case is a tight fit length-wise. I had asked George about this before getting my case and he said the headstock of his PS was almost touching the top of the case with a Pono CONCERT case. Conversely, the CONCERT Ameritage had about a 1/2 inch of clearance. Combine that clearance with the sturdiness of the Ameritage case and you have a perfect case for the PS. I love my Koolau/Pono cases. I have five of them. IMHO, these cases are slightly sturdier than the Kamaka case but both are much less sturdy than the Ameritage. I would not feel comfortable if the case were to fall head first with the less sturdy construction and the 1/8 inch head clearance.

I would also verify with Scotty's that the case is a Kamaka case. There is a generic brand which has the same shape as a Kamaka case that only costs about $40 dollars and has an embossed palm tree on it. I would not trust my PS in that case for traveling. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330377123304&ih=014&category=16224&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

Alternatively, I contacted a guitar case maker in Los Angeles and I asked him if he could make plush covered inserts to fit in my TENOR Koolau case in order to custom fit the PS. He said he could make the inserts for $20. I would go this route if you wanted to return your Ameritage. In this alternative, you keep enough headroom to prevent damage if the case were to fall head first. PM me if you want the case connection.

Also, if an Ameritage is good enough for Aldrine, its good enough for me! :)

Last edited:
Shhhhh

WW, shame on you for making this a competative auction- it was supposed to be mine alone (especially since he misspelled "pineapple")! ;)

I admit I am the one who called & bought his other one. The one I bought is a darker wood, debossed, but with the "normal" bridge.

I've had mixed feelings about getting one. I am new to the uke (less than 1 month), but I LOVE the KoAloha designes. While I don't deserve a $1000+ uke, I really wanted a debossed PS. I even tried to special order one from KoAloha and they wouldn't do it.

I really want the whole package (bowtie bridge), but this will likely be as close as I ever get. I am grateful, though, that any new debossed version was available.

Good luck to the bidders on the auction. I was tempted, but a uke in the hand is better than two on the auction block. (Oh, and my wife would kill me. I'm already on thin ice after my purchase.)

WW, shame on you for making this a competative auction- it was supposed to be mine alone (especially since he misspelled "pineapple")! ;)

I admit I am the one who called & bought his other one. The one I bought is a darker wood, debossed, but with the "normal" bridge. (Oh, and my wife would kill me. I'm already on thin ice after my purchase.)

Hey congratulations to you!!! I wanna see pics! Oh, and I totally get the angry spouse thing. I'm on that thin ice with you my friend. :)

I'm pretty sure that old style P.S. has abalone position dots because mine (old style) has abalone position dots too. I'm guessing that it's just the picture with flash reflecting off those dots making it look like white dots.

As for the Ameritage case, I think the P.S. deserves nothing less.

It sold for $1525! I can't say the winner wanted it more than me, but they were willing to spend at least $125 more than me. Congrats to you, whomever you are!

My consolation prize- a debosssed PS with rectangle bridge. Wonder if KoAloha would upgrade that to a bowtie for a fee?

It sold for $1525! I can't say the winner wanted it more than me, but they were willing to spend at least $125 more than me. Congrats to you, whomever you are!

My consolation prize- a debosssed PS with rectangle bridge. Wonder if KoAloha would upgrade that to a bowtie for a fee?

It was me...I bought it. I had to take the chance on one with the old style hand carved face and the pointy bridge. I will end up selling one of the two PS after I play and examine both of them. I'll probably list it here first before putting it on eBay. If I end up selling this one I just bought would you be interested at what you were willing to bid?

I'm pretty sure I'm in big trouble at home, but everytime I see the old style PS my heart died a little. I love the one I have...but I might love that one just a little more. Time will tell (hopefully this weekend). Can we still be friends Tigeralum2001? :)

Just couldn't resist could you Oh Wicked One. I am so jealous you lucky girl you.

Jack

I'm pretty sure I'm in big trouble at home, but everytime I see the old style PS my heart died a little. Can we still be friends Tigeralum2001? :)
First off, yes we can still be friends!

I COMPLETELY understand everything about this situation! Yep, you are in deep at home!!! I mean this is your 3rd in 3 weeks (counting the replacement) and 100 sigs to free the 2nd? How many will be needed to free this one? ;)

Like I said in another thread, I called Scotty and bought his debossed, rectangle bridge. Yet I was willing to bid on "the perfect" PS. As close to perfect as mine is, it is still not "the perfect" PS. I thought "how often to these come up for sale... never; and with warranty... never EVER." My wife was NOT happy when I told her what I was going to do. Anyhow, I can't imagine having a laser PS and seeing "the perfect" one for sale. Since I can't have it, I'm glad you got it! Few people understand our need (obsession?) for "the perfect" PS. :eek: Promise me right of first refusal if you decide it is not for you!

Congrats, WW! Oh, and good luck with your spouse! :cool:

Top Bottom