Ukes in Advertising

thatguywiththeukulele

Reaction score
Anyone turn on the television and watch some stupid commercials and then start hearing the sweet strums of a uke? This happens to me ALL the time. Anyone else notice this..Opinions on why they use ukes?

NZ Uke TVCs

Got several on local TV at the moment.
Including this co who have a mouse as their mascot and I note the mouse is actually playing the uke in the commercial. Clever mouse.
http://www.sorted.org.nz/home

I've noticed the sound of uke in commercials a few times recently. Don't recall what it was for, though.

Then there was a time recently when one of the female news anchors was wearing a suit with this piping on the edges that reminded me of the "rope" on Mainlands. When I pointed that out to my husband, he said I had ukes on the brain. :p

In the US they are using YouTube videos to advertise the Grammy awards (ironic considering Warner Music Group's crackdown). One of the videos featured is two guys playing Makala Dolphins. Pretty cool. The more good press, the better. The uke is slowiy becoming mainstream.

I had one of my songs used in this commercial a year ago for a UK television station...it was really weird watching Jack Black, Michael Cane, Jim Carey etc etc on screen with a my song in the background:

...a year later & I still have not been properly paid for it!

Top Bottom