What is JAKE Playing It ain't no kamaka

MGM

Reaction score
anybody read Japanese?
Jakes seems to be endorsing and showing off this brand of strange looking ukulele in Japan
003-7.jpg

002-5.jpg

004-6.jpg

A make your own uke out of matchsticks boxset are you going to be stocking

It looks like bamboo strips glued together.

I seem to remember a post a while back about Takamine bringing out an inexpensive student uke, and someone (Jake?) endorsing it. Coiuld this be it?

I can make out "some-blurry-kanji" and "ukulele" in the yellow vertical font between the ukes. :) Any clearer pics of the ad? Not a lot is readable to me...

My brother speaks Japanese way better than me, so I am gonna ask him in a little while. He may be able to pick something out of it easier than I can!

Here is the flyer from Jake regarding the "Music is Good Medicine" program, it's not the same ukelele. It may be the Japanese version.

Attachments

• migmnammflyer.jpg
    migmnammflyer.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I can't read kanji if my life depended on it, but they're apparently auctioning the ukulele for the charity group Jake supports. This was back around Christmas though apparently =P.

That's bamboo for sure. Looks great. Love the angles. No clue about the origin... but I sure do want to hear it.

My son can read some since he went to college in Kobe, Japan. He said the top one says the 'ukulele is up for auction for a Christmas charity.
The second one he says is too blury, and the he's a tad rusty after 4 years to make out all the kanji. Oh well.

There used to be an Origami club where I live. Unfortunately they couldn't get enough new members so it folded. [...]
I was hoping that there would be a forum rule against jokes that bad. Unfortunately, I can't find one, so you get away with it this time... ;)

Top Bottom