Is anybody elses UkeCrazy case falling apart? Favorite affordable case?

rogue_wave

Reaction score
The UkeCrazy case that I got in November with my Kala Acacia Tenor is rapidly failing. The zipper seam has basically disintigrated along about half the case and the shoulder/ backpack straps have such unreliable clips that I've removed them. I had too many close calls in the first week.

That this was the affordable case that was included with my ukuele, so I suppose I understand.

I think in the future I will stick to a hard case with latches. The case that came with my Leolani concert is a simple black hardshell case with latches and it has taken a beating.

I was thinking about a tweed case for the Kala. Any suggestions/warnings? Any other cases you love/hate?

That sucks.

I've had the same case since august and I haven't had any problems. My case is very lightly used. I rarely zip it up, have never carried it out of the house, and really only use it as storage for my uke.
Good luck in your search.

i've had that happen to one of those cases. it wasn't the ukecrazy branded one but i'm sure they're all made from the same place. the screws that held the handle to the rest of the case popped out and now it hangs from the fabric which is no good. so i just have to carry it under my arm like a football or sack of potatoes. no biggie.

I'm really partial to Oscar Schmidt cases. They're relatively inexpensive, a hard case and they've got a lock. I've got a concert size and both my concerts fit in it very nicely.

Bummer! I've got the same case and a concert size with no brand, but it looks exactly the same, and I haven't had any problems. But I just use them to store my ukes so they don't get much of a work out. Have you contacted the dealer you got it from, or Uke Crazy? They my be able to get you some kind of warranty coverage.

I have the same case, and so far so good, but I never tried using the shoulder straps. After reading this thread I checked mine over and it still seems pretty solid, but thanks for posting, I'll keep a closer eye on it

Hey Ya'll...I just found out that Fusion is going to sell their cool gigbags in RoundRock, Tx...just down the road from me! I already have dibs on the first concert bag...coming in like a week, saw them first at NAMM! Not a hard case, but I like the style and quality. Just thought you'ld like to know!:music:

Not inexpensive, but worth it - I have a Ko'olau case for my Kanile'a soprano and a Kala black hard case for my Lanikai LK-1S.

So far all my cases are fine. I have a Uke Crazy tenor gig bag that seems very sturdy, and it is almost a year old now. My Kanile'a came with a Uke Crazy "hard shell" case, and since it is a Super Concert size, it is hard to find any other cases that fit. Most of my cases just protect the uke at home, but they do get zipped and unzipped pretty regularly. I guess the most outside use I give to my Kiwi Soprano gig bag, and a different Kala soprano gig bag. Both have been holding up fine so far.

–Lori

Top Bottom