“Bring The Song” challenge needs volunteers!

GrumpyCoyote

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
We are coming to a close on what has become one of the most amazing internet projects I have ever seen. It started as a simple idea – let’s get a few folks to encourage each other to write original music. One song a month for twelve months. I expected a few dozen entries by perhaps five or six people.

Instead, we now have over 400 original songs written for the project and dozens of people who went the whole 12 already… I’m simply speechless.

So now it’s time for phase 2. Nominations of our favorites and selecting 12 to go on the first disk. Obviously, no one human could be expected to watch them all in one sitting – but I have seen each and every one as they have come in, and expect others have done the same. Still – it’s around 24 hours straight of video. So we need to have you nominate your favorites – or your own to cut down the list a bit. 2 nominations per person should get us to a manageable list from which we can select our 12 favs.

Which leads me to what we need to get this done. I can manage some of it – but this is now too big for one guy. I can pay for the hosting and manage the project, but could use a couple more pairs of hands for a few weeks. I don't suspect it would be more than a few hours work.

1) Graphic design – We need a simple logo and web design
2) Web developer – PHP, windows, I don’t care. I need a little help setting up the voting site

Let me know if you want to assist. Not only can we end this one with a huge bang – but I’m already planning next year’s challenge!

Last edited:
Hi i have really enjoyed watching the fantastic efforts in this project and i would love to help, unfortunately i am too busy to get seriously involved but i knocked up a simple logo for you. use it if you like it, or not, it is yours to do with as you wish. if you want it changing or adjusting let me know. good luck i hope you can get someone to help more.
bring-the-song.gif

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g266/gramuh/bring-the-song.gif

Last edited:
That's a killer logo grammy -

Would you mid making a high-res, larger version so I can resize it for various needs? Thanks again my friend...

I can pitch in for graphic design where needed. I'm an amateur photoshop nut.

Awesome!! Would you mind taking a whack at a basic webpage mock-up in photo-shop? Just colors and such, nothing fancy. Grab that logo of Grammy's and run with it?

Thanks!

So I have no idea what you were looking for, but I just went ahead and took a whack at it. It started out as a wood theme with a black and green color scheme, and evolved into this. Since I didn't have the bigger logo to work with yet, I just drew one up.

nvo3zd.jpg

That is COOL ... I would love to see the wood themed one too if you still have it. Killer stuff.

The wooded theme looked more like this. I never really thought of a banner for it though.

Edit: Oops. Pretend that UU link is green :)

2923e6s.jpg

Ok the beach was cool, but that wood texture is perfect... LOVE it. Really works with the logo.

Alright cool. If grammy doesn't have the time to work on the logo, I can do that too. Are you actually going to be printing the logo? Or just using it online? I can make you one that printing quality if you need.

Hi, love the mock up. you dont need my logo, yours is great.

some suggestions if i may...

make your page 1000px wide, keep your side margins small , use a thumbnail layout for the vids, organised by month and make the months available as buttons on the side menu. use colourlovers.com to get a colour pallette ( that green clashes badly) there is a site which will make and host voting forms for oyu, i will try to remember the url.

Haha, what he said. ^^

My only concern is if Grumpy Coyote can actually find someone to make this beast a reality for him.

Yep,

Still looking for an HTML head to code the page up...

Top Bottom