Worth BS Strong strings

Ronnie Aloha

Mahalo Sen. Dan, R.I.P.
UU+
UU VIP
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these out? I was given a set to try out but the Worth website states "the user should be aware of the increased tension load and how it might impact their specific instrument."

Are these any higher tension than D'Addarios? The Worth BTs I have on now are a little too soft for my liking right now but I worry about stressing the bridge on my Kamaka tenor.

I use Worth Brown Strong's (BS) on all my tenors (KoAloha, Pono PKT2, and Pono Mahagony). I definitely prefer the tension of the Strongs to the standard Browns. I've never used D'Addario uke strings so unfortunately I can't really give you a comparison, but I'd assume the Worths are tighter.

I had a bridge pop off of my Pono PKT while it was strung up with the BS's, but I'd been using BS's for almost 2 years before that an never noticed any issues. Honestly, I think the bridge popping off had more to do with environmental factors than the strings or uke--we were getting heavy rain for a few weeks, coupled with really hot days and not much wind. I'm still using Worth BS strings on that uke, BTW.

If you're concerned about whether or not your uke will handle the tension, your best bet would probably be to try contacting Kamaka to see if they have any recommendations or experience relating to using high-tension strings on their models.

Thanks for the info. I was worried that no one else had used them. I could put them on my KoAloha tenor but I like the factory strings I have on that one already with a wound low G. The BTs on the Kamaka are the ones I want to switch out with high G. So I guess I'll give Kamaka a ring. I had D'Addarios on it and I believe those are supposed to be high-tension strings too.

Top Bottom