Totally 80's Video Contest, Win a Concert Flying V from UKE Republic !!!

Uke Republic

Reaction score
UKE Republic is holding it's first contest!

It's the 80's Dudes and YOU can win a Vineyard Concert Flying V Uke!
Here are the details:
We want you to put together a totally awesome 80's video
which must include:

* The featured song must be from an 80's rock, pop, punk,
etc.
* The song must be played on your ukulele
* You must sing the song
* The video must include, either with text or verbally
mentioned, the contest name "UKE Republic's Totally
Awesome 80's Rewind Contest", the featured song name and
the original artist, your name or profile name.

Judging Criteria:

* Creativity
* Song Performance
* Appearance - costuming and video quality
* Humor

All entries due 02/28/2010, winners will be announced on 03/15/2010.

So, Hit us with YOUR BEST SHOT!!!
See full contest rules:
http://ukerepublic.com/contest.html

Last edited:
Best to avoid Prince covers. The Purple One gets the audio deleted on them. If you do one, don't put the artist name or title of the song in the video name or description box. My "Kiss" coveron banjolele is still on YT, but it's called "Purple Banjo."

With one exception. Seems like it's okay to cover "Noone Compares 2 U". Several covers of that still have the original audio.

I'm too young to remember the 80s

This will be my first contest... I wanted to do the Beatles, but had no skills. I still have no skills... but I would totally LOVE me a flying V! I am going to figure out a song and if anything this shall be so fun to do!!!

Oh man! The song I wanted to use was released February 5, 1990... I missed the 80s by 36 days. Back to the drawing board.

Thanks for hosting the contest. I have a song in mind and there's only ONE version of it on youtube. Too bad my voice sounds like a cross between scooby-doo and Lurch.

Thanks for hosting the contest. I have a song in mind and there's only ONE version of it on youtube. Too bad my voice sounds like a cross between scooby-doo and Lurch.

Glad to host it. You rang Shraggy? That may just be awesome! Is that a French Bulldog?

The puppy in the picture is "Bosco"...half of boscotiny. His brother is Tiny and they are Boston Terriers. He's CKC registered since the AKC won't register a white headed Boston like this one. Anyway, I love those two trouble makers.

wait soo.. can I play more than one instrument? Like can I play chords too a song, then also play piano?

Top Bottom