Intonation gone bad

flea_bitten

Reaction score
Is that's the right word for when each fret is in tune?

My Flea has suddenly developed horrible intonation. The C string is the worst - it's out of tune by the time it gets to D...

When I got it was it perfect. It's only three weeks old. I'm tuning with an Intelli Metro Tuner.

Can the strings have gone that bad already? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
flea_bitten

Mine did the exact same thing. I talked to mgm mike and he said to check the tuning pegs and then try and change strings.. I havent done either yet.. but weard I have had my flea for 2 weeks too and it sounded soooo good and now yuk.. please let me know if yours clears up.

I did what MGM said and I got it FIXED.. it was a very lose tuning peg.. now everything is great.. I love MGM.. he answers you questions even when they seem pretty stupid..
thanks MIKE

Nope I live in the REAL boondocks so I did it myself and was totally easy.. there is little screws on the end of the tuning pens and I just took a screwdriver and turned them.. only one was loose.. and once I tightened it walla.. back to the way it was perfect. Mike even sent me A new pair of strings just in case it was A bad string.. but it was the tuning peg thing.

Top Bottom