Kamaka Gold Label Soprano for Sale....:drool::cool:

bbforbis

Reaction score
Kamaka Gold Label Soprano for Sale....Willing to Deal.....

Okay, newbie on the site, goofed already. Posted this else where other than here. It was my husband's mothers and he decided to part with it.

Here is what we have:

1. Kamaka Soprano Uke, Awesome Condition. Only problem is missing one string. No dents, scratches, repairs etc.

2. Has hard case with it, case is missing the handle and the yellow velvet interior in some places could use some gluing, but the interior has no tears or anything like that.

3. We would like to sell it for $400 with $30 for insured shipping, packing etc. and we have a paypal account. International shipping would be more. (We would most likely ship USPS priority, unless buyer would prefer another means.) Offers will be entertained :)

4. I have attached some photos of it, if you would like to see more, we would be more than happy to email them to you.

5. For now we are choosing not to put on Ebay, but may anyway. If you need to check us out for reliability, we have a 100% Feedback rating on ebay. Bbforbis.

We are hoping that by putting it here that it will go to a good loving home and be enjoyed by someone who will make a lovely lady in heaven happy !

Attachments

• Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 117
  • Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Kamaka Soprano

We have lots of photos of this great little uke, if you would like. Any reasonable offers would be entertained as well.

Thanks!

Last edited:
We have lots of photos of this great little uke, if you would like. Any reasonable offers would be entertained as well.

Thanks!

Could you post some more pictures here? If you do place a card with your UU name on it next to the uke and that will help you tremendously. Also take some close ups of the label and the headstock (front and back). The tuners are very white which shows the good condition. when did your husband's mom buy it? Very pretty looking uke.

It is a very nifty little uke...not sure what you mean by " place card and uu name". Hubby says he's really not sure, several years ago most likely when she made a trip to Hawaii.

We have lots of photos, but, will take a couple more close ups for you, ....I'll see if I can figure out what you mean...:)

Okay, I added an album of additional photos to my profile...
album.php

It is a very nifty little uke...not sure what you mean by " place card and uu name". Hubby says he's really not sure, several years ago most likely when she made a trip to Hawaii.

We have lots of photos, but, will take a couple more close ups for you, ....I'll see if I can figure out what you mean...:)

On a piece of paper write your UU username, the date, and take a picture of this uke next to that paper and post it. That tells us, one, that the uke in the pictures is the uke you are selling. You need to understand we mean no disrespect to you, but you have just joined this forum, no one knows you, and there are scams out there.

A close picture around the sound hole that shows the label inside the uke (if any) would also help.

Thank you!

Not a problem, I can add another...just give me a couple of minutes. Trying to figure out how to put it in my avatar....can't figure that out.

I can understand you not knowing us, no problem there either. FYI, I have been an ebay'er for years, just didn't want to pay fees etc. My user name on ebay is the same as here, "bbforbis". I have 100% feedback if that helps.

As mentioned above I did create an album on here, but at your advice will put a photo with username on it. Look for it shortly...that's why we are here, you folks are the experts, not us!

Look in my profile, there are several photos along with one that has a place card at your suggestion.

Thanks all of you, we appreciate it :)

Brad & Becky
album.php

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/album.php?albumid=798&attachmentid=9249
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/album.php?albumid=798&attachmentid=9250
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/album.php?albumid=798&attachmentid=9255

Attachments

• Picture 046.jpg
    Picture 046.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Picture 028.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Picture 034.jpg
    Picture 034.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
A very, very nice lady in California......now the challenge is to find the right box, the right packing material. It's just a beautiful little uke, it would kill me if something happened to it during shipping. Mom in heaven would not be happy with us.

Any suggestions to make sure that it is secure? I worry about the cold weather as it is coming from Montana.

A very, very nice lady in California......now the challenge is to find the right box, the right packing material. It's just a beautiful little uke, it would kill me if something happened to it during shipping. Mom in heaven would not be happy with us.

Any suggestions to make sure that it is secure? I worry about the cold weather as it is coming from Montana.

I'd take it a shipping center like ups and pay the extra to have them ship it. And then insure it. If anything happens to it the shipper and packer (ups, etc) would be responsible for it.

The nearest one of those that I have is 130 miles away....we live in the middle of nowhere. What we were thinking, we have a large box that a golf bag came in, could put it in that, then pack peanuts, popcorn or whatever around it...what do you think? Wouldn't the biggest concern be to put it in too small of a box? Wondering if we could "suspend" it somehow in a box where it would not giggle.....just worry about the cold.

I'm sure that this nice lady would not want to wait a week until we could get to a larger city....It will really kill me if something happened to it....

Ask her. I think that a smaller box might actually be more effective. You can still pack it with peanuts and what not. but if you put it in a big box full non rigid type materials it might counter act the intentions of the peanuts or what not. You could also call the local UPS location and ask them what they'd advise about packing for the cold.

Never thought about that, thanks for the thought on UPS. Found a good box....came from a new Oreck Vacuum. Now just have to mark out the "vacuum" logo and replace with "fragile".

I even thought about using real popcorn, provided that we seal the case etc. in plastic or something. I am just thinking of maybe trying to make like a "box within a box" or something.....

Packing...

Thanks for the advice on UPS. On their site it gives ideas on how to pack items etc. I came up with a good idea. They recommended, for musical instruments, "molded" foam.

I have some blocks of florist foam, took the uke out of the case, used four of them to make a "cradle" gently pushing the case into the foam. Now, all we have to do is get more so that we can surround the whole case.

Once that is accomplished, then secured inside of the box, then more packing peanuts can be used to fill any extra air space. Or simply use enough florist foam to fill empty spaces.

Inexpensive, and lightweight.....I shall finish this project and let you know how it turns out.

Thanks for the advice on UPS. On their site it gives ideas on how to pack items etc. I came up with a good idea. They recommended, for musical instruments, "molded" foam.

I have some blocks of florist foam, took the uke out of the case, used four of them to make a "cradle" gently pushing the case into the foam. Now, all we have to do is get more so that we can surround the whole case.

Once that is accomplished, then secured inside of the box, then more packing peanuts can be used to fill any extra air space. Or simply use enough florist foam to fill empty spaces.

Inexpensive, and lightweight.....I shall finish this project and let you know how it turns out.

Let us know!

Last edited:
Top Bottom