Song Help Request Help with picking

JJ1726

Reaction score
Does anybody here know the picking pattern after the intense strumming part in "As My Guitar Gently Weeps"? I know the rest of the song except the pattern, so its kinda buggin me. I've figured out the rest of the song out by ear, but he just goes too fast when he picks for me to pick out what hes doing.

Thanks-
JJ

B.T.W. - Heres a video, even though y'all probably don't need it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puSkP3uym5k

See, I tried that one, but it sounds like hes hitting 2 bassier notes then high. I haven't tried the fast in and out pattern yet though, that seems like it would work.

Thing is, maybe it's not worthwhile to treat popular music like, for instance, Mozart. Most everybody loves Jake's interpretation of Gently Weeps and it makes a lot of sense for us non-geniuses to use it as a guide, but only that. I for one will never be able to approach that level of prowess, so whenever I play it for someone, I always say it's " based" on Jake's version.

Anyway, if you look for more of JaKe's performances of this song, you'll find he doesn't play it the same way every time. Not sure if he's improvising on the spot, or if he's changing slowly over time. So my advice is to emulate but not copy.

I don't really play it like him, except for the solo. I've just tried a lot of ways to pick it and his way in the video i posted sounds the best to me

Top Bottom