mangorockfish

Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble logging in? It is happening to me about every 10 days. I enter my username and password and it tells me to log in. I don't know what hsa happened since everything was changed, but apparently there are still some bugs left in the new system.

Not the same problem, but I check the "remember me" box and it doesn't. I have to enter my username and password every time.

I've also had problems since the upgrade. Logging in works ok, but sometimes when I click a link, such as from the list of tabs, it doesn't rember me even though I checked the remember me box. None of the links Melissa suggested fix this and changing browsers (IE, Mozilla, Safari etc.) doesn't fix it. Not sure what's going on. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Alright, Im getting tired of getting all these 'can't login emails, so I'm looking for the answer for this. It seems like its only affecting a small percentage but a small percentage of thousands is quite the headache.

Please remember that while UU is becoming a huge community, all this web stuff aside from modding (which is another huge job) is run by 1 person who is also in charge of a ton of other stuff that needs to get done. Just asking you all please be patient while I look for the solution.

I just did some mods to the cookie settings for the forum. I think the problem might have been the address people have been using to access the forum, since both www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum and ukuleleunderground.com/forum were both usable, it was messing up something with the cookies. anyways, I changed it, let me know if its still giving you problems and I will try something else.

I just did some mods to the cookie settings for the forum. I think the problem might have been the address people have been using to access the forum, since both www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum and ukuleleunderground.com/forum were both usable, it was messing up something with the cookies. anyways, I changed it, let me know if its still giving you problems and I will try something else.

It's working! Thanks a lot Rayan!

Thanks Rayan! I haven't had the problem with opening links within UU since this morning. Thanks also for all the work you do with the web stuff on UU!

The way the cookies are generated and handled has changed. You'll probably find that people having problems have pre-existing cookies from the older version of vbulletin. The fix is to simply remove the cookies, reload the browser and try again.

The way the cookies are generated and handled has changed. You'll probably find that people having problems have pre-existing cookies from the older version of vbulletin. The fix is to simply remove the cookies, reload the browser and try again.

oh, and for my amusement: I had this exact problem on my work macbook. Removed the cookies, reloaded the site, entered my login details and rechecked the remember me option... no problems since. YMMV :)

Top Bottom