Query on chromatic tuners

frofrofro

Reaction score
Based on your experience or whatever, are the cheap knockoff clip on tuners as accurate as the brand names like intelli? or is it only the friendly user interface that sets them apart?

never had much of a reason to try the cheap knockoff tuners since the ones like intelli can be had for relatively cheap online.

:agree: I have the Eno clip on and I love it. $20 is unbeatable. Spend the extra couple bucks, it's worth it.

I have found that Korg tuners are a bit more accurate than some of the cheap ones. They are worth the extra couple bucks when you think about how much you will use it over the years.

I like that one as well. I also use it with a plug in clip such as

http://www.amazon.com/Korg-CM-100L-...8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1264355564&sr=1-1
I have a Korg CA-30 with clip and a Intelli IMT-900. I use the Korg to tune my other instruments and the Intelli for my ukes. Both are good, but I prefer the clip-on only Intelli for its convenience. Although my next tuner will have one of those displays that lit red until you are in tune and then it turns green.

I'm not sure there is a brand that is overly good or bad these days in terms of the tuning. I think it comes down to features and personal preference unless you are a professional musician.

I got the Korg CA-30 cheap off Amazon and it is invaluable.

Check out this ►thread◄.

Those are the two best tuners I have found for a reasonable price. Both small/compact, bright screens, fast and accurate, and easy to maneuver.
IMO it's better to spend an extra $10-15 on something that will last you much longer, and will be much more of a pleasure to deal with.

I really need to get a clip on tuner and I already have the korg ca-30. I am considering the korg clip on , the intelli clip on, and nobody mentioned the kala, any reviews on it?

I have the Kala KC02 and love it! If you do a search for "electronic tuners" you will find a recent thread where the Kala was talked about. I have nothing bad to say about mine, nice easy to read display and gives tuning for C and D.

Top Bottom