G#dim?

Ame

Reaction score
So, I'm trying to play a song that has the chord "G#dim" in it, and I try to play it:

424x :like on http://chordlist.brian-amberg.de/en/ukulele/standard/Abdim/

but it sounds funky. I chose that way because it' the most simple to play for me haha

I go from Dm7 - F/G - G#dim, if that helps. Though I play for F/G I just play a simple G. If you know how to play "F/G" let me know, that'd be great! thanks much. :)

Oh and the song I'm trying to learn is "Because of You" by Keith Martin.

Thanks for any help guys! :D

have you tried 1212, barring the first fret? Often times, when you change the fingering of a chord, you have to adjust the other chord shapes in the progression as well to make it sound right.

As for F/G, it would be an F-chord (consisting of F A and C) with a G for a bassnote. You could do this if you're tuned LowG by fingering 0010, but if tuned standard, yer probably screwed, so just play an F.

I'm not familiar with this song, could you post the chords (if more than you've already listed) and an audio or video sample??

Last edited:
i'd go with the 1212 like MOK said.

as for the F/G (F chord with a G bass note), I would fiddle around with 0010 (Fadd2) because the actual notes being played would be (GCFA). It's hard to add a G on the bass string of the uke since its only two octaves.

Here's a trick to smoothly transition from G to G#dim. When you form the G, use your three smallest fingers, with your pinky on the G (at the 2nd string, third fret). This leaves your index finger free. To play the G#dim, just raise your pinky from the G chord and barre the first fret with your free index finger. Did you understand that?

thanks for the help guys!

Here's a video of the song, but it's the duet version of Keith Martin and Kyla.

I have the sheet music with guitar chords too, so that's what I'm using haha

You can DL it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ohy9onxwm1j

This song is tight. I haven't heard this in a long time. I could play this on guitar but look out for an uke version from me...unless you do one first.

This song is tight. I haven't heard this in a long time. I could play this on guitar but look out for an uke version from me...unless you do one first.

I am so not at the level to play this song all the way through haha Let us know when you got uke version up! I'd love to hear your arrangement. I dont know if all the chords I have are right, and I'd love to get a tabbed version of it. ><;;

I am so not at the level to play this song all the way through haha Let us know when you got uke version up! I'd love to hear your arrangement. I dont know if all the chords I have are right, and I'd love to get a tabbed version of it. ><;;

i don't really do tabs but i'll mess wit da uke version.

As far as the G#dim tho, i know you already know how to play a G maj. just move every finger up one string and move it down one fret and add the pinky on the A string. just keep practicing the G to G#dim over and over really slowly. barring the first fret would be okay but i think its more comfy to just use all four fingers because it looks like a G with a pinky, just in a different spot. remember, fractice makes perfect. peace

Top Bottom