"Mainland" brand ukes.

John Colter

It ain't what you've got, it's what you do with it
UU VIP
Reaction score
I know that the Mainland ukes are well known Stateside, but they are still a bit of a rarity on my side of the Atlantic pond. I have been playing one today (the Classic Mahogany Concert), and would like to add my praise to the good things that have been said about the brand.

The general fit, finish, and build quality of the Mainland compares very favourably with other ukes in the upper middle price range. The tone and volume are very pleasing, and the string heights are well set up. I felt comfortable with it straight away.

I'm more a soprano kinda guy, really, but I very much enjoy playing this Mainland concert scale uke.

My thanks to Mike at Mainland, and to Steve at Eagle Music of Huddersfield, for this very pleasant experience.

John Colter.

I noticed that Eagle has started stocking Mainlands, John. Did you go to the store?

Hi Buddhuu, I haven't been to the Eagle Music store. It was arranged by email, and the uke arrived by Interlink Express this morning. It was securely packed, and although the outer packaging looked a bit "distressed", the uke was in good condition.

www.eaglemusicshop.com

John Colter.

Yeh, I've bought stuff from Eagle in the past. Always prompt delivery and well packed.

I've always wondered what their real world shop was like. Bit of a long drive though... :(

It'd be nice if they could get a few more Mainlands.

Those Leader/Kahuna ukes on their site look as if they may be made in the same facilities as Mainland/Ohana/Bushman/Stagg et al. Wonder what the quality of those is like...

I'm on their waiting list for a tenor with misi they were very helpful by email

got my Mainland Mahog concert with slotted head from the guys at Eagle -- brilliant service - very very friendly

You know what's better than a Mainland uke? Mike Hater, that's what. When you buy a Mainland you become a part of the Mainland family, and Mike will treat you like a well loved family member. Seriously. You get a great uke and a true friend.

You know what's better than a Mainland uke? Mike Hater, that's what. When you buy a Mainland you become a part of the Mainland family, and Mike will treat you like a well loved family member. Seriously. You get a great uke and a true friend.
I cannot agree more with this. :) Well, I could but you know what I mean. ;)

Top Bottom