PDA

View Full Version : Fellow uke lovers:

Skitzic
01-25-2010, 06:24 AM
A tragedy has struck. UPS has lost my ukulele.

Someone in little rock is now the proud owner of a lovely Lanikai tenor...and I am crushed.

Now the battle begins between UPS, the store, paypal, and I to see who shells out the money for this little lost beauty.

What can brown do for me? Find my *#$!%&^ ukulele.

And I can honestly say I am tired of speaking to Indian people who constantly refer to me as Mr. -insert last name here-. I do not sound like a man. I kindly ask them to refer to me by my first name, to which they always reply 'yes Mr. -insert last name here-'

BLAH!

brickerenator
01-25-2010, 06:31 AM
Kill them?

No, that wouldn't be right.........

Skin them alive?

Wish i could help (with the skinning)

bunnyflower
01-25-2010, 06:34 AM
How horrible... I am so sorry that happened.

Here's some other customer service numbers that may work better in case you want to try them:
http://gethuman.com/UPS-customer-service_823.html (I am a fan of the Get a Human project)

Or, if you twitter, you can try to ask this guy for help:
http://twitter.com/ThomasAtUPS
He looks like he's pretty quick about talking to people about their shipment problems (and it may be worth getting a twitter account to talk to someone helpful?).

I really hope they recover your ukulele soon.

Skitzic
01-25-2010, 06:37 AM
Oh you have no idea what I had going through my head while talking to that woman. I know it's not her fault it's lost, but between her poor grasp of the English language and the fact that my UKULELE is MISSING I was ready to breath fire into the phone and hope it torched the building on the other end.

I have a twitter account, so I'll sit on it a little longer and see if I need to take it to other people. Thanks for the helpful links!

UKISOCIETY
01-25-2010, 06:54 AM
I guess that's why they're called "UPS". As in "Oops!"

My condolences. They better not do that with my MGM uke coming today! >:(

Doctroid
01-25-2010, 06:55 AM
Little Rock? Aren't you in Pennsylvania? How did UPS manage that?

Now, FedEx, I know they could do it: http://failblog.org/2010/01/13/fedex-fail/

Skitzic
01-25-2010, 07:03 AM
Yeah I am in PA. I don't know how UPS managed that.

I'm really irritated because I was going to use it at a coffee house gig I have on friday. I'll have to fall back on ye ol' guitar. Which means I have to go by new strings for it.

Oh happy monday all around.

pdxuke
01-25-2010, 09:34 AM
Horrible! Horrible! Most horrible!

Hope they make this right SOON...

Skitzic
01-25-2010, 09:46 AM
I feel much better right now. Not that anything has been resolved, but I will let it simmer a day or two, see if it shows up. If not, I'll start asking who is forking out the cash.

Keep your fingers (and toes) crossed for me please.

Ukeffect
01-25-2010, 10:52 AM
:wtf:
They ....GASSSSP....SPutter! ...%#@#$% ....lost your Ukulele, Gaaaave it to another person!!!! I have nightmares's like thisssssss! UPS needs to retrieve your ukulele form that FIEND who took delivery knowwwing that it wasn't theirs!! Ghaaaaaargggg!!!!:wallbash:

Plainsong
01-25-2010, 11:18 AM
And not even by delivering to the wrong address, or leaving it stupidly on the doorstep to be stolen... but in ANOTHER STATE.

UPS is the worst in Finland too. But they make up for this by being the most expensive. Good luck and keep us posted!

Skitzic
01-26-2010, 05:21 AM
A coworker had UPS deliver his package to the wrong house, but the guy who got it looked up the name in the phone book so it ended up in the correct hands. I'm not sure how many other people would have done that.

I have awesome news. The uke magically appeared at their hub in Bethlehem, and is currently on a truck to be delivered to my house.

I recieved a call from UPS saying they don't know how it got that far without being scanned somewhere, and they apologized for the delay blah blah blah. It better be there when I get home...that's all I'm saying.

Thank you ukulele gods for shining upon me this day! :-)

paraclete
01-26-2010, 05:25 AM
Yay! I hope it's waiting for you when you get home. :)

Papa Dave
01-26-2010, 05:45 AM
A coworker had UPS deliver his package to the wrong house, but the guy who got it looked up the name in the phone book so it ended up in the correct hands. I'm not sure how many other people would have done that.

I have awesome news. The uke magically appeared at their hub in Bethlehem, and is currently on a truck to be delivered to my house.

I recieved a call from UPS saying they don't know how it got that far without being scanned somewhere, and they apologized for the delay blah blah blah. It better be there when I get home...that's all I'm saying.

Thank you ukulele gods for shining upon me this day! :-)

I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Melissa82
01-26-2010, 05:46 AM
Yay! I hope it's waiting for you when you get home. :)Yes, that. :)

Plainsong
01-26-2010, 06:48 AM
I wonder if some kind soul called UPS and said "Uh, this belongs to someone else, can you deliver it to the right place this time?" I hope it gets to you in one piece!

paraclete
01-26-2010, 08:26 AM
I'd really like to think that a majority of people would call and have UPS or FedEx come pick up something that was wrongly delivered to them.

sukie
01-26-2010, 08:31 AM
Well....................? Pics and info please.

ukulele-antihero86
01-26-2010, 09:43 AM
That's great news. I wonder if it'll have stickers on it of all the places it's been to, like in the cartoons.

Skitzic
01-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Yay! It arrived and I had to stop playing because my hand started cramping up. lol

It's beautiful. I'd upload pictures, but I'm on a data card and upload speeds suck! I really do love it though.

I don't think I'll ship UPS again, but I'm glad they came through for me! WOO!

bunnyflower
01-26-2010, 03:27 PM
Yay, I am happy and relieved for you!

rubenken
01-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Major bummer. For what it's worth, last time I had a guitar shipped from California to Hawaii I followed the advice of the store owner on shipping. He said, definitely Fedex.

Doctroid
01-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Neither Fedex nor UPS nor USPS nor any other shipper is perfect. (See link in my reply above for how badly Fedex can screw up.) Mostly I go by which company's local employees give better service, and for me these days in this place that would be USPS and UPS. I dislike Fedex partly because they once required a signature FROM A PERSON PRESENT WHEN THE PACKAGE WAS DELIVERED WITH NO OPTION TO LEAVE IT WITH A NEIGHBOR OR GO PICK IT UP AT THEIR FACILITY (for merchandise worth maybe $30 -- so guess who had to take time off from work to get the package), and partly because they once left, on my front porch in plain sight, a package (worth a lot) that was supposed to require my signature (and lied about it on the tracking info, saying they'd gotten a signature). USPS does not provide real tracking but is usually about the cheapest and provides good service with little hassle. UPS does OK in my area.

Sonseeker30
01-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Skitzic that is just awful...I know on the UPS website you can track your package if you have a tracking number and see where it was scanned last or who signed for the package. I hope things work out soon that you get your uke. Will pray for you.

Skitzic
01-27-2010, 04:35 AM
Skitzic that is just awful...I know on the UPS website you can track your package if you have a tracking number and see where it was scanned last or who signed for the package. I hope things work out soon that you get your uke. Will pray for you.

Everything worked out ok. It showed up in one piece. I thought it was weird they rang the bell and left though. I had someone sitting there watching for it because I didn't want it sitting out in the rain. They didn't require a signature, but they apparently rang the door bell and took off before she got there.

Thanks for the good juju though! And UPS tracking is spotty at best. Even when I know where packages are sometimes it takes a few days to update...even UPS says their tracking is spotty. Weird.

wickedwahine11
01-27-2010, 05:49 AM
I'm so glad to hear that it arrived safely. I look forward to seeing pics of it. Happy playing!

Ahnko Honu
01-27-2010, 05:56 AM
So glad to hear you finally got it. I never received my Spongebob pineapple 'ukulele ordered on October. I never use UPS their reputation here in Hawai'i is REALLY bad, losing stuff, leaving at wrong addresses, etc.
USPS first, FedEx second, UPS a distant and desperate 3rd.