Ohana Delta Resonator Ukulele - VIDEO REVIEW

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Here is a review of the new Ohana Resonator Ukulele with a hand-spun cone from Delta Resonator Cones.

This collaboration has produced a tenor instrument with a wonderfully sweet, rich tone with lots of sustain.

Here is the video:

OHANA DELTA RESONATOR

The sound on this is fantastic. I like it's picked sound quality better than strummed, it's almost "too much" strummed.
I'd adore this more in a concert, but just might have to adjust my sensibilities to a tenor spaced neck. It's fantastic and might now be on my instrument bucket list.

Nice review Ken. Fascinating prototype. I would like to see a gloss version offered too. I think it would really look nice with the nickel plated resonator. I would even be willing to pay a few dollars more if that could make it happen. I know it is more trouble to do a gloss finish, but it can really make plain grain woods look nice. The tone was really nice. I wonder how the concert size will sound? Will there be a soprano too?
–Lori

Nice job, Ken. :)

I suspect price will be the tipping point, but if it's reasonable, it could be a hit. I've been looking for a good resonator/tenor that wouldn't bankrupt me, and this may just be the ticket.

Do we have a price, Ken?

Do we have a price, Ken?

No, it is still a prototype. After the Franfurt Trade Show we will have a better idea of costs. When you consider that the body is specially made and then shipped to the UK, the metal parts are hand-made and fitted individually, the cost is going to reflect this.

Ken, this is actually a 'promotion' and not a review. You cannot strictly review products you endorse or as in your case companies you represent. If another person unconnected with Ohana had posted this then it would be a review - in the strictest terms...

I know this is a very open forum but since you have become associated with Ohana then your opportunity to be objective, which is what a review is, was compromised or even withdrawn. Therefore, as a representative of Ohana these offerings are more of a sales pitch than anyhing else.

I agree with you Pete, it's not a review , it's a promotion. I enjoy watching Ken's promotions but like you say, they cannot be considered reviews. Ken , if you want a real unbiased review you can send me an Ohana ukulele and I'll try it out and send it back to you.

Sounds schweet! A beautiful looking instrument. Yeah price will be a big bottom-line factor... but I'd like to have one... VeRy CooL.

Top Bottom