PDA

View Full Version : I Have The Blues

Eriquito
01-25-2010, 08:33 AM
So I was wondering what do you all play when you're down? Know any good youtube vids of music that cheer you up? When I get home I plan to strum a bit to bring me out of this funk but I was looking for some suggestions.

jonnyonauke
01-25-2010, 08:42 AM
i find this quite joyous -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sTBSVuuiYM

russ_buss
01-25-2010, 08:53 AM
i think it's pretty much impossible to listen to this song without smiling...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJAXBRSesC8

...and dancing.

rogue_wave
01-25-2010, 09:06 AM
i find this quite joyous -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sTBSVuuiYM

Wow. I'm so far from that....now I am feeling depressed!

I find that when I am in a crap mood, any of the songs I was even halfway into sound terrible. So my suggestion is hop over to one of Aldrine's lessons and grab a new song. Something on the order of "Drop Baby Drop" or "Sunday Morning". Good songs, fun to play. Most importantly, the concentration level you need to apply to a new thing absorbs the funk like a sponge.

Also, I haven't been yet, but sign in to the UU mini jam. If you can play along with some people, it might help.

Play on.

GX9901
01-25-2010, 09:14 AM
Good question...I'm down right now because my Vikings got bounced from the NFL playoffs in craptacular fasion...I'm feelin' the blues man!:(

Monkeyswithladders
01-25-2010, 09:35 AM
Learn to play or just watch UKISOCIETY's Tiny Blues song. I can't get on youtube from here to get the link for you though. Pretty impossible to pout through that song.

Melissa82
01-25-2010, 09:39 AM
I cry, snuggle with my dog then bust out my uke and play whatever I can. If I'm concentrating on that, I can't concentrate on being sad. :)

harpdog
01-25-2010, 11:26 AM
First, look for another diagnosis.

You don't have the blues.

If you did, you would say you GOT the blues.

Hope you cheer up.

Eriquito
01-25-2010, 04:01 PM
Thanks for all of the replies! I must admit my blues have faded. About an hour of playing with my daughter did the trick. She is only 2 months old and is therefore a captive audience but I think she enjoyed some of my playing this evening. Vids were awesome by the way.

Womby28
01-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Wow. I'm so far from that....now I am feeling depressed!

I find that when I am in a crap mood, any of the songs I was even halfway into sound terrible. So my suggestion is hop over to one of Aldrine's lessons and grab a new song. Something on the order of "Drop Baby Drop" or "Sunday Morning". Good songs, fun to play. Most importantly, the concentration level you need to apply to a new thing absorbs the funk like a sponge.

Also, I haven't been yet, but sign in to the UU mini jam. If you can play along with some people, it might help.

Play on.

Very well said. I second that focus and concentration equate to fending off the funk as well as accomplishing something.
Of course too, you could call a friend, reach out to someone new, or HULA HOOOOP!!! Can't hula hoop with a frown on your face :)

Know that things aren't going to be this way forever.

Cheers.