I Have The Blues

Eriquito

Reaction score
So I was wondering what do you all play when you're down? Know any good youtube vids of music that cheer you up? When I get home I plan to strum a bit to bring me out of this funk but I was looking for some suggestions.

Wow. I'm so far from that....now I am feeling depressed!

I find that when I am in a crap mood, any of the songs I was even halfway into sound terrible. So my suggestion is hop over to one of Aldrine's lessons and grab a new song. Something on the order of "Drop Baby Drop" or "Sunday Morning". Good songs, fun to play. Most importantly, the concentration level you need to apply to a new thing absorbs the funk like a sponge.

Also, I haven't been yet, but sign in to the UU mini jam. If you can play along with some people, it might help.

Play on.

Good question...I'm down right now because my Vikings got bounced from the NFL playoffs in craptacular fasion...I'm feelin' the blues man!:(

Learn to play or just watch UKISOCIETY's Tiny Blues song. I can't get on youtube from here to get the link for you though. Pretty impossible to pout through that song.

I cry, snuggle with my dog then bust out my uke and play whatever I can. If I'm concentrating on that, I can't concentrate on being sad. :)

First, look for another diagnosis.

You don't have the blues.

If you did, you would say you GOT the blues.

Hope you cheer up.

Thanks for all of the replies! I must admit my blues have faded. About an hour of playing with my daughter did the trick. She is only 2 months old and is therefore a captive audience but I think she enjoyed some of my playing this evening. Vids were awesome by the way.

Wow. I'm so far from that....now I am feeling depressed!

I find that when I am in a crap mood, any of the songs I was even halfway into sound terrible. So my suggestion is hop over to one of Aldrine's lessons and grab a new song. Something on the order of "Drop Baby Drop" or "Sunday Morning". Good songs, fun to play. Most importantly, the concentration level you need to apply to a new thing absorbs the funk like a sponge.

Also, I haven't been yet, but sign in to the UU mini jam. If you can play along with some people, it might help.

Play on.

Very well said. I second that focus and concentration equate to fending off the funk as well as accomplishing something.
Of course too, you could call a friend, reach out to someone new, or HULA HOOOOP!!! Can't hula hoop with a frown on your face :)

Know that things aren't going to be this way forever.

Cheers.

Top Bottom